Hall of the Unknown - The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
On 7/12/2019 at 10:15 PM, Killer Meteor said:

Probably the only trailer ever to mix Baron Samedi's Dance of Death with Barry White's Love's Theme!

Barry White & Bruceploitation, that's a sure fire way to sell tickets to a movie.

Thanks for I-D the tracks from the trailer @Killer Meteor.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Watching the Game of Death dailies with Ricky Chik?, in the Golden Harvest editing suite.

BL2093.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Over the weekend, I was lucky enough to be sent a link to Alan Canvans excellent re-edited, re-scored version, of the existing fight footage. That was originally captured, with the help of Japanese cinematographer Tadashi Nishimoto. Now, many people might ask. Why do we need another version of this?. Golden Harvest had already taken advantage of the then un-used fight footage. For their 1978 Robert Clouse directed interpretation. Then we had the Artport and Warriors Journey editions of the extended footage, released in 2000. Making this version the fourth to be released. While the Artport/Warner releases, gave us the chance to see longer version of the existing three pogoda levels. In their quest to use as much footage of the Little Dragon as they could, it created some pacing issue's. Robert Clouse film might have had a lot of negatives. However, the films editor Alan Portillo gave Lee's fights a much edgier pace to them. Which was more in line, with the rhythm and style of action from his other movies. I wonder if Brue Lee used drums in his fight choreography?. The way he worked them into the training of students, and himself.

Here's little write-up on Alan Canvan's Yellow Faced Tiger, Re-Dux. Exclusive to Kung Fu Fandom Forum's. Please click on the link below, for the full length article, thankyou.

60368773_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&v

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

TheFlyingPanda

Just a thought... Wouldn't Using DEEPFAKE technology give a chance in polishing and finishing up Game of Death? I'd like to see someone create a cut of the film using this Ai tech. It could take away some of the silliness used in the Robert Clouse film and other clips from bruceploitation films like Tower of Death could be easily edited in. Just some of the moment and the body structure of the Fake Lees would be the giveaway.  

Bruce-Lee-Matrix.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Just a thought... Wouldn't Using DEEPFAKE technology give a chance in polishing and finishing up Game of Death? I'd like to see someone create a cut of the film using this Ai tech. It could take away some of the silliness used in the Robert Clouse film and other clips from bruceploitation films like Tower of Death could be easily edited in. Just some of the moment and the body structure of the Fake Lees would be the giveaway.  

I think you will see something similar from the Estate, in the not so distant future. It might not be Game of Death related, but you could see them using BL's image in other way's with CGI etc.

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Hai Tien vs the Master of the Dragon's Claw, note all the padding in the bottom right hand corner. Placed there, for who-ever did the Chieh Yeun stunt?. When his character is quickly thrown from the Hall of the Unknown.

BL-37.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Here's the third guy who was the body double for the dialog scenes. His name is Chan Yiu Bo. In real life he was a business man, who had no knowledge about fighting, but his face looked similar to Bruce's.

Chan Yiu Bo 5.png

Game of Death - Chan Yiu Bo 2.jpg

Game of Death - Chan Yiu Bo 4.jpg

Game Of Death - Chan Yiu Bo.jpg

Game of Death - Chan Yiu Bo 3.jpg

Game of Death - Chan Yiu Bo 3.jpg

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 3

A nice slideshow from me with rare ''Game Of Death'' (1978) pics + the rare song ''The Game Of Death'' by Mike Rimedios (english version of the main track from the mandarin film version)

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

I have another video fro you, which I created a year ago

Nice to see the rest of the extended video, that goes with some of the footage from BL The Legend.

Where did you get those these shots from?.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Very Cool. Casting is tough, especially since no one had Bruce Lee's body physique. 

I'm surprised they never rang Bruce Li or Le. Both look slightly more like the real thing that Kim Tae-Chung.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I'm surprised they never rang Bruce Li or Le. Both look slightly more like the real thing that Kim Tae-Chung.

They did ask Bruce Li, but he wanted to be the only double for the BL character. He didnt want to work with two other guy's, at least ths what I've heard/read over the year's.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:08 PM, DragonClaws said:

Nice to see the rest of the extended video, that goes with some of the footage from BL The Legend.

Where did you get those these shots from?.

From youtube. Some uploaded a promotion / making of video on youtube.

https://youtu.be/yQvntXQE65k

• Like 2

Former Mr Taiwan and friend of Bolo Yeung, the late Chih Yuen, is ready for the fight in Game of Death. In the still unseen Pole vs Double Escrima duel featuring Dan Inosanto. James Tien can just be seen standing behind Bruce Lee, who's directing the scene.

BL2451.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1