Hall of the Unknown - The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

Japanese cinema discount ticket(Top image), and a promotional card, for the 1978 version of BL's incomplete project. Both the image of Kim Tai Chung and Bruce Lee, feature them in a jumpsuit/tracksuit, similar to the one BL wears in Longstreet series (Bottom image).

GameofDeathJapaneseDiscountTicket.jpg

gameofdeath8.jpg

Longstreet6.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Indian Handcrafts video for "Bruce Lee", from the album "Civil Disobedience For Losers" available everywhere now

• Like 3

The_Fugong_Temple_Wooden_Pagoda.jpg

A 1975 Japanese magazine adaptation had it as a rickety bridge with darts and arrows being shot at them, upon which Li Kun’s character is hit in the rear end with one, with hungry crocodiles in a lake beneath it. It is unknown if Lee was considering these aspects.]

"The Game of Death" (1972; Partially Complete) Article

Link- https://lairofthelostfilmsblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/the-game-of-death-1972-partially-complete/

2D5FF57B00000578-0-image-a-60_1444750245

BL1705.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, saltysam said:

What a never ending fascination this film has proved to be.

Agreed, even if BL had lived to complete it, I cant see the film having a bigger following/interest from fan's.

Who's the guy standing with Raymond Chow, BL, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

22ed0911ace915c70603d6e0d96df0df.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 8:40 PM, De Ming Li said:

That actually looks somewhat like King Hu?!

You got it @De Ming Li, thats exactly who it is, see the pitures of him with BL below.

Bruce Lee with King Hu, on the set of, The Fate of Lee Khan(1973).

d53e4e4448a047b2149dfe03f8e38c00.jpg

bruce king hu.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

BL in his Golden Harvest office, during the time he was filming Game of Death, in late 1972?, note the possibe exterior Buddha/pogoda/locations pinned on the wall at the back.

a819a9d2cc4ce95adf0ada4a43f10c28.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Re-production, of one of the G.O.D pogoda location images, from BL's office pin board, featured in the post above.

5cca47c70299a7730c4835a4bd274fa0.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

If Robet Chua's Winston's Cigarette advertisment still exist's, then so must the one filmed at Golden Harvest, with Bolo Yeung and Chieh Yuen?.

Chieh Yeun with BL, on the set of G.O.D winter 1972.

CwFt058WcAARGWl.jpg

Bruce Lee in the Golden Harvest parking area, wearing the exact same outfit, does this mean, the picture was taken during filming of the commercial?.

Or at least during the time he was filming for G.O.D?.

Lee2.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2018 at 1:57 AM, Shaolivevil said:

Looks like a match to me. I'm thinking the photos of Lee with the Mercedes were probably taken the same day and in the same place as the GOD photos in the New Territories... 

Hi @Shaolivevil, remember this discussion?, check out the pictures I posted above, I think they match up. Possible all the shots were taken, during filming of his last film?.

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

If Robet Chua's Winston's Cigarette advertisment still exist's, then so must the one filmed at Golden Harvest, with Bolo Yeung and Chieh Yuen?.

Not necessarily. A lot of UK TV is completely lost. I can't imagine what the HK survival rate is. That 'A' survives doesn't mean 'M' does too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Not necessarily. A lot of UK TV is completely lost. I can't imagine what the HK survival rate is. That 'A' survives doesn't mean 'M' does too. 

Very true, I wonder how many other Asian Martial Arts stars, graced those adverts?, in a time when smoking wasnt socilly looked down upon.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 2:45 PM, DragonClaws said:

Hi @Shaolivevil, remember this discussion?, check out the pictures I posted above, I think they match up. Possible all the shots were taken, during filming of his last film?.

I'm thinking that all those pictures were taken all in the same day. Bruce Lee kept a very full schedule so it wouldn't be unusual for a man like him to go from doing a TV commercial to working on Game Of Death without a change in wardrobe. All the things he was able to accomplish in a 24-hour period is just another testament to his incredible work ethic...

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 2:42 AM, Shaolivevil said:

I'm thinking that all those pictures were taken all in the same day. Bruce Lee kept a very full schedule so it wouldn't be unusual for a man like him to go from doing a TV commercial to working on Game Of Death without a change in wardrobe.

I know they ended up using footage of BL, taken from WOTD, in the final advert. With the Winston company sponsoring WOTD, during its H.K Theatrical run. Otherwise, I would have suggested, the New Territories fight, with the stunt guys, and BL wearing the exact same outfit, was possibly intended for use in this 72 advert. Rather than being apart of his un-finished project?.

What do you think about the above? @Shaolivevil?

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:44 AM, DragonClaws said:

I know they ended up using footage of BL, taken from WOTD, in the final advert. With the Winston company sponsoring WOTD, during its H.K Theatrical run. Otherwise, I would have suggested, the New Territories fight, with the stunt guys, and BL wearing the exact same outfit, was possibly intended for use in this 72 advert. Rather than being apart of his un-finished project?.

What do you think about the above? @Shaolivevil?

Ah, I see. It would've been cool if that New Territories fight was not part of Game Of Death and instead going to be part of the Winstons commercial. That way, the footage would've had a better chance of surviving. From what I recall but I could be wrong, I read somewhere that the New Territories fight with Bruce Lee versus the karatekas was actually filmed but the film got too degraded and ultimately lost to the ravages of time, like the fight between Dan Inosanto and Chieh Yuen and other lost scenes that were filmed for Game Of Death. All that remains that those scenes ever existed are the many photos taken when they originally filmed...

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 9:10 AM, Shaolivevil said:

I read somewhere that the New Territories fight with Bruce Lee versus the karatekas was actually filmed but the film got too degraded and ultimately lost to the ravages of time, like the fight between Dan Inosanto and Chieh Yuen and other lost scenes that were filmed for Game Of Death. All that remains that those scenes ever existed are the many photos taken when they originally filmed...

It would have been a dumb move, for Robert Clouse to not include, an unseen fight scene, filmed by and featuring BL, in the 1978 version. If it actually existed?, either they didnt have acces to it, the footage might be plain worn out, or it was held back, for future projects/profits.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I am very sure they never filmed the fight with the karateka's. If you read Matthew Polly's Bio, he was frantic busy. It would be easy to find out though. Ask Whang In Sik.

• Like 1