The Trigonal: Fight For Justice - Rhian Ramos, Sarah Chang, Taylor Ignacia (2018)

DragonClaws

IMDB plot synopsis - An underground fighting circuit run by an international crime syndicate invades a retired MMA champion's small, idyllic island hometown. Syndicate thugs brutally assault his wife and kill his best friend, leaving him with no other choice but to fight for justice.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Need a longer trailer, but from what I saw it kind of gave me that Bloodsport feel, if that makes sense. I'm down for this.

• Like 2

On 26/02/2018 at 11:08 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Let's wait for the directors first movie, 'Blood Hunters: Rise of the Hybrids' to get released before expecting this one to see the light of day.

There working on a sequel to a movie thats not even out, is this purely a modern filmaking approach?.

Has anyone noticed how you now seem to get a teaser trialer before the actual trialer, for big Hollywood movies?.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
48 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Wonder what the release date for this is.

According to the poster, its May 2.:tongueout

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon but the action in this one harks back to the Van Damme years. And I don't mean that as a compliment.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
54 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon but the action in this one harks back to the Van Damme years. And I don't mean that as a compliment.

I feel you. If it's the early JCVD years, I'm good with it. (That's why I noted it gave me that Bloodsport feeling.) If it's the middle/later years, not so much.

• Like 2

Paul Allica, who is currently working on the action comedy, Siege of Robin Hood(2019), which is set to be his first starring role.

40287994_894877540721394_344584565128494

42004014_2086543078324049_36130484339442

40265008_378188579385634_848291767112193

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, whitesnake said:

https://cityonfire.com/the-trigonal-fight-for-justice-blu-ray-dvd-gravitas-ventures/ - Gravitas Ventures is releasing Blu-ray and DVD for The Trigonal: Fight for Justice on January 24, 2020.   https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Trigonal-Fight-for-Justice-Blu-ray/261173/

SP Releasing has the film already released on DVD as well. The SP Releasing version is the one available at Wal-Mart. Extras include deleted scenes from the film. I got a copy for my birthday yesterday. Enjoyed the film, had that 80's feel to it. I thought of it as a loose modern day reboot of Bloodfist II with a twist of course in the assault of wife and best friend. Sarah Chang was not only the co-star, she choreographed the film's fight scenes, which had that 80's-90's B-movie riff going.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

Nabbed this at Walmart for $9. Watched it last night. On an impression after an initial viewing, I would say, "Run! Do not walk. Run away from this!"

The plot isn't bad. It's a standard trope. Guy is a professional fighter, but wife gets pregnant, so he tries to bow out of the game. Villain want him to fight, attacks pregnant, so guy wants revenge, destroying villain's drug enterprise in the process. It's a no-brainer. The acting is serviceable. Sadly, the choreography is lackluster. It is very basic fare, and poorly shot and poorly edited to boot. 

One good thing in the film is costar Sarah Chang, who also served as action director. Her character is fun and interesting, and has the best lines.  She's got talent in a number of areas. It will be interesting to see what she does in the future. That is, if she hasn't shot herself in the foot with this movie.

I think the action would have looked better is the camera had been pulled back, but some of the problem with the fights was also the angles used. They did not work. The editing of some moments in the fights is also horrendous, to the point that certain moves or impacts aren't even conveyed. 

The only other good thing about this movie is that the star Ian Ignacio looks a lot like Korean pop star Rain, and now I want to watch Ninja Assassin again.

• Like 3