The Rare & Lost Kung-Fu Movies Thread

TheFlyingPanda

shaw golden
18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, you are right, only Chia Ling plays in Supergirl of kung fu.

Chiao Chiao's posture seems to have been taken from Dragon blows and Kuo Hsiao Chuang's (sorry, I prefer the Mandarin nmes than the Cantonese ones, they are more melodious...) one seems to have been taken from Insanity being or from Tiger tiger tiger.

thanks for the correction i was wrong it is "tiger tiger tiger", but chia ling (judy lee) is in poster twice and the dialect of languages is as you say a matter of taste

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shaw golden said:

thanks for the correction

Actually, I wasn't correcting you at all, just giving my thoughts regarding Chiao Chiao and Kuo Hsiao Chuang, and, according to hkmdb's pictures of Insanity Being, she wears a flower upon the ear in this movie. Sadly, there are no pictures of Tiger tiger tiger to see if she wears one in this movie too, so, maybe yiu were right aboiut the title of the movie...

Did you watch Tiger tiger tiger, Dragon blows and Supergirl of kung fu ?

If not, you should try them, they are very good !

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Sadly, there are no pictures of Tiger tiger tiger to see if she wears one in this movie too

She does not wear a flower in Tiger Tiger Tiger.

I don't have time to get dvd out, but here is a low quality screenshot from a youtube video

tiger tiger tiger - still 01.jpg

and a poster, but it's obviously not an original and the image of her is not from this film.

tiger tiger tiger - poster 01a.jpg

Edited by panku
  • Like 5

shaw golden

Thought i would just post this artwork, wording says Tiger Tiger Tiger but picture am sure is from insanity being, so this photo is misleading Gwok Siu-Chong is one of my favourite heroines and "Chu Chow Kung Fu" my personal favourite film of hers with           Tiger Tiger Tiger & Insanity Being a close 2nd.......she also hits this show me the rares thread for 1973 film "Killer Must Pay"            i don't have any artwork if anyone has please post.......all three films you refer to are excellent viewing..thank you @ShawAngela,   just posting and publishing picture same time as our friend @panku

Cap.PNG

Edited by shaw golden
  • Like 5

The only movies I find on hkmdb with the word " patriots " are two 1937's movies (the patriots and honor of the patriots ) and The Ming patriots, but I don't recognize Chia ling in this picture.

Do you have any informations about this movie ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shaw golden said:

Ca.PNG

i beg you all : stop showing rare movies, it makes me willing to hunt down all of them !!!!!:bs_coveredlaugh::bs_coveredlaugh::monk_chasing::monk_chasing::monk_chasing:

• Like 5

shaw golden
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

The only movies I find on hkmdb with the word " patriots " are two 1937's movies (the patriots and honor of the patriots ) and The Ming patriots, but I don't recognize Chia ling in this picture.

Do you have any informations about this movie ?

no info on film, but still searching, any idea who the heroine is ?, the 3 films you mention i think we can firmly rule them out as you also seem to imply , i have a sneaky feeling hkmdb may have this movie listed under a different name in their database !

Edited by shaw golden
  • Like 1

She looks a little bit like Cindy Tang Hsin, but i'm not sure and I didn't find any movie in her filmography that could fit this picture.

If it was possible to isolate the Chinese title from the lobby card, it would be easier to search on the internet.

and from the picture, it seems to me that this movie could be a 70's movie...

• Like 2

shaw golden
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

She looks a little bit like Cindy Tang Hsin, but i'm not sure and I didn't find any movie in her filmography that could fit this picture.

If it was possible to isolate the Chinese title from the lobby card, it would be easier to search on the internet.

and from the picture, it seems to me that this movie could be a 70's movie...

There is a good resemblance to Cindy Tang Hsin but not a striking one in my personal thoughts, as you have already outlined. Am sure i've seen her in other films maybe not in a main role ,maybe not as a fighter. All your other ideas are spot on

• Like 2

shaw golden

"Woman of the Hour" year 1977 is the ultimate of the rares also known as "Killer Killer Killer" this all star cast film on all accounts is on the same level as the once rare "Massacre Survivor", starring Hsu Feng of Touch of Zen fame, this movie is the prime champion of the rares....for "Shapes"

pture.PNG

• Like 5

tiger tiger tiger has no woman fighter.that pic is wrong

its about 3 guys on motorcycles that rape a girl,then the problem takes revenge on them.lilly lee is the sister of the 3 brothers.i have a print of this movie.was very popular here

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, globe said:

tiger tiger tiger has no woman fighter

Are you sure that you watched this movie ??!!

Of course there is a woman fighter, it's Kuo hsiao Chuang, and she takes revenge on the three guys, and Lily Li doesn't play in it at all.

Maybe you mistake this movie with another one, or your informations are wrong...

The above poster is the only one I know of for this movie, though it looks more like Kuo Hsiao Chuang in Chu Chow Kung Fu  than in Tiger Tiger Tiger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shaw golden said:

There is a good resemblance to Cindy Tang Hsin but not a striking one in my personal thoughts,

Yes, she looks familiar to me too, but I can't remember in which movie I saw her.

Another one I would love to find (in addition of Woman of the hour ): Eight beauties : 

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=10738&display_set=eng

This one looks good too, and the actress Sze Ma Yu Chao has a picture in which she looks a little bit like the unknown actress of Patriots.

• Like 3

yep the only tiger tiger tiger i know is with 3 guys on motorcycles.they are the baddies.not sure about name lilly lee but the same girl starred in shaolin wooden men

she is the sister of the 3 baddies

one of the baddies was the thai boxer in one armed boxer

Edited by globe
  • Like 1

shaw golden
23 minutes ago, globe said:

tiger tiger tiger has no woman fighter.that pic is wrong

its about 3 guys on motorcycles that rape a girl,then the problem takes revenge on them.lilly lee is the sister of the 3 brothers.i have a print of this movie.was very popular here

mr.......you are very wrong, we have already stipulated that this lady on poster dosent correspond with film, but indeed she does star in a film "tiger tiger tiger" maybe in your area you had a film called tiger tiger tiger nobody's disputing that as you must well know different countries and territories have their own name of films, you should know this by now as you were quick off the mark to say "Killer Punch" was infact " Manchu Boxer" in your town

• Like 1

sorry but the print i have is in mandarin .was never changed.

here is killer punch poster in our country released by my friend from kgh films south africa

killer punch.jpg

Edited by globe
wrong

our killer punch had an actor named tony liu in it .it was released on vhs here manchu boxer

i have no idea which manchu boxer u referring to ,maybe diff movie

shaw golden
4 minutes ago, globe said:

our killer punch had an actor named tony liu in it .it was released on vhs here manchu boxer

i have no idea which manchu boxer u referring to ,maybe diff movie

sir..you have my respect ,were here to help each other maybe i wrongly accuse you with someone else, lets drop the matter and move on positively...

• Like 1

shaw golden
30 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, she looks familiar to me too, but I can't remember in which movie I saw her.

Another one I would love to find (in addition of Woman of the hour ): Eight beauties : 

This one looks good too, and the actress Sze Ma Yu Chao has a picture in which she looks a little bit like the unknown actress of Patriots.

off hand dont think ive seen eight beauties, thanks for the further info

• Like 2

16 hours ago, shaw golden said:

Ca.PNG

The second Chinese character looks like " feng " or " fong " and has nothing to do with the Chinese characters of " patriot", so, Im' afraid that the English title doesn't fit the Chinese title (which is not surprising...)

Here is the Chinese translation for " patriot " : 

者  (traditionnal)

or 

者  (simplified)

Which is read as ài guó zhě  in pinyin

The first character means " love " and the second means " country "

If I'm mistaken, Chinese speakers, please, correct me...

So, it appears that this title has one more character and that none of them fits the Chinese word "patriot". We need experts on this title !!!!!!

• Like 4

shaw golden
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

The character " feng " I mentioned means " wind " , or "phoenix" if it can help...

thats great....need to PM each other

• Like 2

shaw golden
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Oh??? didnt realise you were saying that "eight beauties" was a rare one with Sze Ma Yu Chao on the right of picture ,thanks for youre hard work and i think there is a strong resmblence in the bone structure of their faces as you state, anybody can give some info of the lady on the left

Capte.PNG

• Like 5