The Rare & Lost Kung-Fu Movies Thread

TheFlyingPanda

shaw golden
7 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

Kickboxer the Champion is an IFD movie meaning the LHOD footage was most likely redubbed.

Another one that was recut into an IFD flick is Tian Zhuang A Ge, which was pasted into Ninja Showdown.

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=12069&display_set=eng

What became of Shen Tan Xiao Xiong, which was codirected by Lo Lieh and Chen Kuan Tai?

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=15623&display_set=eng

Or Man Niu De Er Zi with Don Wong Tao?

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=16845&display_set=eng

very interesting

• Like 1

NinjaNinjaNinja
11 hours ago, shaw golden said:

NinjaNinjaNinja  "Killer Punch" looks like a really good show.....most of kim si hyeon directed films were korean , this one possibly looks taiwanese. is there any other names of movie and the cast do you know any?

Here is the KMDb entry.

4 hours ago, globe said:

killer punch was manhu boxer over here

Oh, then this would be a "fake" co-production. Now I see that someone has already mentioned it here. And the posters look similar. Ooops, I'm sorry for the confusion.

image.png

GPMB.png

• Like 4

manchu boxer starred the actor that  was in way of a dragon with bruce lee

they released it here  "killer punch" along with lady whirlwind

• Like 3

3 hours ago, globe said:

manchu boxer starred the actor that  was in way of a dragon with bruce lee

Yes, that's Liu Yung, then.

I watched Manchu boxer around 10 years ago and I remember that it was a pretty good one.

• Like 5

DragonClaws
44 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I watched Manchu boxer around 10 years ago and I remember that it was a pretty good one.

I thought I'd sat through a lot of old school Kung Fu cinema, but not compared to you and some others in this thread. There's a hell of a lot of movies I'd like to see, before I even get to the so called rares etc.

Some great posts in this thread, by everyone involved.

• Like 6

NinjaNinjaNinja

Kim Si-hyun's 1977 "The Invincible $6 Million Man". Played in France and Lebanon, no video release known.

BDK.png

Here is a mysterious French poster. According to French databases, this is a Korean film released by Yangtze Productions, which stars Yun Yang-ha [KMDb: Yoon Yang-ha] and Kim Jin-hee [KMDB: Kim Jin-hui]. English title is "The Kick(e)s of Fury" and/or "The Kicks of Tiger".

I think that this could be Kim Si-hyun's 1974 "A Wandering Hero". Original version available on Korean VHS, which has been "bootlegged". The French and English dubs would then be very rare.

1._France.png

Interestingly, Kim Si-hyun's 1974 "Black Leopard" was released not only by Korean Motion Picture Promotion - as "Black Cat [Killer]" but also by Yangtze Productions - as "The Taekwando [sic] Hero". Here is a review from someone who owns a French 35mm...

1._Black_Leopard_-_Yangtze.png

The version of "The Left Hand of Death" released is France is by Yangtze Productions - a rare English dub may also exist...

image.png

Edited by NinjaNinjaNinja
  • Like 6

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, NinjaNinjaNinja said:

Kim Si-hyun's 1977 "The Invincible $6 Million Man". Played in France and Lebanon, no video release known.

Looking at the poster, this just look like a generic actioner, knwing nothing about the movie, I'll take your word for it @NinjaNinjaNinja.

Have you or anyone else here caught this one?.

• Like 4

shaw golden
3 hours ago, NinjaNinjaNinja said:

Here is a mysterious French poster. According to French databases, this is a Korean film released by Yangtze Productions, which stars Yun Yang-ha [KMDb: Yoon Yang-ha] and Kim Jin-hee [KMDB: Kim Jin-hui]. English title is "The Kick(e)s of Fury" and/or "The Kicks of Tiger".

I think that this could be Kim Si-hyun's 1974 "A Wandering Hero". Original version available on Korean VHS, which has been "bootlegged". The French and English dubs would then be very rare.

1._France.png

this looks very much like  golden harvest production "Back Alley Princess" with polly shan kwan and angela mao at top of poster in flying kicks

• Like 5

shaw golden
On 08/04/2018 at 6:31 PM, ShawAngela said:

How true it is !!

Another one I would love to watch !

Did you see Chang ling in Return of the hero of the waterfront ? it's also one of her earliest movies.

just finished watching,it was a pleasant surprise a young phillip ko fei and a young jacky chen (of cooks and kung fu fame) playing phillipko feis brother my only regret is that pearl chung was under used, and not given enough time to express her marvellous fighting talents, but hey you cant have everything, nevertheless a great movie, thanks for the recommendation  

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, shaw golden said:

polly shan kwan and angela mao at top of poster i

You have sharp eyes ! Yes, it could be that one, then ...

• Like 4

NinjaNinjaNinja
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Looking at the poster, this just look like a generic actioner, knwing nothing about the movie, I'll take your word for it @NinjaNinjaNinja.

Have you or anyone else here caught this one?.

No. A French collector had looked extensively for it, and at the end said that the only option would be some mega-rare Arabic VHS...

• Like 3

NinjaNinjaNinja
1 hour ago, shaw golden said:

this looks very much like  golden harvest production "Back Alley Princess" with polly shan kwan and angela mao at top of poster in flying kicks

Good spot! But "Back Alley Princess" played in France in 1979, 'mystery' film - in 1976.

ACROBATIC%20KUNG%20FU%20CONTRE%20GANG%20

• Like 4

DragonClaws
17 minutes ago, NinjaNinjaNinja said:

and at the end said that the only option would be some mega-rare Arabic VHS...

We talk about Manderin version of The Big Boss being rare, but I'd say thi and some of the other titles might be rarer.

15 minutes ago, NinjaNinjaNinja said:

Good spot! But "Back Alley Princess" played in France in 1979, 'mystery' film - in 1976.

What Golden Harvest movie is the Angela Mao shot from on the poster? I should know this, but cant remember.

• Like 4

NinjaNinjaNinja
3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

We talk about Manderin version of The Big Boss being rare, but I'd say thi and some of the other titles might be rarer.

What Golden Harvest movie is the Angela Mao shot from on the poster? I should know this, but cant remember.

Well, the Korean stuff is always mysterious.

Um, this is "Back Alley Princess", French poster.

• Like 6

shaw golden

FROM 1973  "MAN OF NO NERVE" with Shoji Kurata, Tung Li and an appearence in film of Pearl Chung, not sure about the current status of this film .

Capt.PNG

• Like 7

I've never been able to find any information on the following one :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/LES-TUEUSES-DE-SHAOLIN-AFFICHE-CINEMA-ORIGINALE-de-KARATE-KUNG-FU-annees-70/262511537843?_trksid=p2055119.c100022.m2048&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140529165029%26meid%3Daecd68b0c39e41b99b0643ed5d8b8041%26pid%3D100022%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D262511537222

The one on the top looks like Chia Chiao and the one in pink looks like Chia Ling, in my opinion.

Sorry, it seems that I'm unable to upload the picture here ; if anyone can do it, it would be great, thanks.

• Like 3

shaw golden
On 12/04/2018 at 7:20 AM, ShawAngela said:

I've never been able to find any information on the following one :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/LES-TUEUSES-DE-SHAOLIN-AFFICHE-CINEMA-ORIGINALE-de-KARATE-KUNG-FU-annees-70/262511537843?_trksid=p2055119.c100022.m2048&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140529165029%26meid%3Daecd68b0c39e41b99b0643ed5d8b8041%26pid%3D100022%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D262511537222

The one on the top looks like Chia Chiao and the one in pink looks like Chia Ling, in my opinion.

Sorry, it seems that I'm unable to upload the picture here ; if anyone can do it, it would be great, thanks.

the lady on the left in blue looks like Gwok Siu-Chong  from "The Insanity Being" fame, she is not in the film, i may be wrong on that one. the lady at top is Chia Ling, so she is in the poster twice

Edited by shaw golden
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, shaw golden said:

he lady in blue looks like Gwok Siu-Chong  from "The Insanity Being", which funnily enough i don't think she or Chia Chiao  are in super girl of kung fu , i may be wrong, but yes Chia Ling

Yes, you are right, only Chia Ling plays in Supergirl of kung fu.

Chiao Chiao's posture seems to have been taken from Dragon blows and Kuo Hsiao Chuang's (sorry, I prefer the Mandarin nmes than the Cantonese ones, they are more melodious...) one seems to have been taken from Insanity being or from Tiger tiger tiger.

• Like 6