The Rare & Lost Kung-Fu Movies Thread

TheFlyingPanda

DragonClaws

Would the Jason Pai Piao movie Crush(1972) be considered rare?, I'd love to own/see this in a decent widescreen restored release.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

Yes. Tough to find a decent copy of it and Action Tae Kwon Do, the sequel. I have old vhs transfers, like everyone else. It seems that the movies being restored are from Taiwan not HK.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

ShawAngela, do you own Action Tae Kwon Do? If not, I will send you a copy with English subtitles with  your next order. 

TheFlyingPanda
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I didn't even know that Action Tae Kwon Do was a sequel to The crush !

That makes two of us. There are quite a few unknown sequels out there, should make a thread of it. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
17 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Yes. Tough to find a decent copy of it and Action Tae Kwon Do, the sequel. I have old vhs transfers, like everyone else. It seems that the movies being restored are from Taiwan not HK.

Thanks dude, never even knew of a sequel to this one either. Both movies feature Tony Liu as well star Jason Pai Piao, thought I'm not sure if Liu is playing the same character in both productions?.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
On 10/03/2018 at 11:28 AM, DragonClaws said:

Would the Jason Pai Piao movie Crush(1972) be considered rare?, I'd love to own/see this in a decent widescreen restored release.

There's also the weird French re-dub "Can Dialectic Break Bricks?"

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

That Can Dialectics Break Bricks is hilarious, but some of it goes over my head. I wish I had a copy years ago I could have shown my late father. He was a trade unionist/marxist in the old days. He would have been able to explain some of it to me. He was a longshoreman because he was political, weird, I know. He had a degree in Chemistry from UC Berkeley. I wish he would have stayed with that, I would not have had to grow up in the hood. Who knows though!? I may never have been born! Long story. 

I used to have that up on my youtube site, but that is one that is claimed by the Exploration LLC group, along with just about every kung fu movie known to man.

• Like 3

Captive, A mission to die, The fugitive, The challenge, The wandering knight, Eight for the border, The rivals, The great plot, The magnificent gunfighter, Dial for murder, Unconquered, Violet clove and fire-bird, The lark, A resort called Hell all Cathay movies are a little part of what I would love to see !

Also The gourd fairy and Lucky, lucky are on my dream list !!

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
55 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Captive, A mission to die, The fugitive, The challenge, The wandering knight, Eight for the border, The rivals, The great plot, The magnificent gunfighter, Dial for murder, Unconquered, Violet clove and fire-bird, The lark, A resort called Hell all Cathay movies are a little part of what I would love to see !

Also The gourd fairy and Lucky, lucky are on my dream list !!

ShawAngela, I may finally be able to get a copy of To Kill A Rover, 16 mm transfer, if it is in good enough shape and can be transferred. I will keep you posted. It is a good, rare Cathay film, saw it and it was very entertaining, even on a small viewer. Dubbed in English. Some of those movies are at the HK film Archive. Who knows though, when and if Cathay will do a release. Asked someone who went to filmart and they were very cryptic "I am sure they will announce in due course". There is a print of the Royal Seal, widescreen, English Subs at a university in the American mid west, but I am not flying out to see it. I need to touch base with you, please PM me.

• Like 3

it's in the Celestial Archive and he got a Screener which he surely won't give to anyone. he's just showing off here to be the Hero. SL177020 in the File Name is the Celestial Catalog Number for it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

According to hkmdb, Magic ringisn't a Shaws' one. Does celestial have other movies than the Shaws' ones ?

I would think so. After all, what were they doing before they obtained the rights to the entire Shaw library?

• Like 2

yes its celestial

its listed along with many but they didnt produce it,but they selling them.not remastered just best light

it was just a screener they sent to me along with reckless cricket and shadow girl

i will post both later

they have 785 titles

some not shaw.asking price per movie $5000 excl subtitling and cost of material.you have to buy min 10 titles.thats their condition.

crazy for old movies.

i loaded the clip up for you guys to show that the movie is around and not lost.same way i done with big boss 2 on youtube,but thats from my 35mm transfer.enjoy the clips

i have complete list

179006_RecklessCricketThe_1080p_25_x264_screener_feature_10mins.mp4

171023_ShadowGirl_1080p_25_x264_screener_feature_10mins.mp4

Edited by globe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

According to hkmdb, Magic ringisn't a Shaws' one. Does celestial have other movies than the Shaws' ones ?

They have The New Game of Death. That one got a DVD release. I'm not sure about other non-Shaws, though.

• Like 1

i know they have new game of death yes aka goodbye bruce lee but they told me they cant do anything to the company in south africa that released it .it wasnt bought from them.

i havent gone thru complete list but its 785 movies

• Like 3

send me the cathay movie list and i will check for u

my apologies

its not 785 movies ,but 758

Edited by globe
  • Like 1

NoKUNGFUforYU
Killer Meteor

New Game of Death is, to my knowledge, still owned internationally by the German company Atlas, who liecensed it for a decent DVD in the US and UK back in the 00's.

• Like 5

NoKUNGFUforYU

Much more. Only about a third of Cathay's stuff is on DVD, while Hoker has all the Union films restored on DVD except Ghostly Face, which is available as a fan custom project.

• Like 5