The Rare & Lost Kung-Fu Movies Thread

TheFlyingPanda

Ninja Sinai

Thanks for the screengrabs One-Armed Boxer From Shantung.. yeah I have that version of Abbot White 2.. mine also runs 01:19.. the remastered subs really help but the quality is still awful.. back in the day trying to watch this on a horrible raw print with no subs and work out what the heck was happening was bewildering! lol

That version of Blood Treasury Fight is def letterboxed.. the fullscreen quality is much better.. I think someone out there is def hoarding a proper widescreen version of this in their vaults..

On a side note.. one thing I never understand with hoarders is their mindset.. for example fans of other genres share their rares so other fans can enjoy them and they can talk and discuss.. so that the love for the genre grows.. however sadly some of the kung fu hoarders wanna keep their rares them locked away so only they can see them and when they kick the bucket, most of their rares get thrown in the bin by other family members and become lost forever..

Anyway One-Armed Boxer.. please hit me up with the copy of Story of 36 Killers my friend if you can.. would really appreciate it.. im getting my little Ninjas hooked onto the old skool classic fu.. last night they watched Invincible Armour and they absolutely LOVED IT!!!!

• Like 4

@Ninja Sinai 35mm trailer of Strife for Mastery is up on eBay by our african friend. Pretty sure he also has a full print...

FLK claims to have a widescreen version. Anyone able to confirm? Speaking of which in respond to your statement; which I partially agree with.

Look at the FLK catalogue of "exclusive" DVD's and Blu-Ray's. That's why! Look at some youtube channels (e.g. Wutang Collection). That's why! Because everytime you put out a rare some thieving douchebag comes along and turns it into a quick buck.

I don't mind customs being shared among collectors for FREE. Just like IMHO any custom should be shared. Turning these into money however is just wrong! It has tainted this hobby and is the reason many have stopped releasing anything at all to the public. We are our own worst enemy right there.

1 hour ago, Ninja Sinai said:

On a side note.. one thing I never understand with hoarders is their mindset.. for example fans of other genres share their rares so other fans can enjoy them and they can talk and discuss.. so that the love for the genre grows.. however sadly some of the kung fu hoarders wanna keep their rares them locked away so only they can see them and when they kick the bucket, most of their rares get thrown in the bin by other family members and become lost forever.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

venom10463
1 hour ago, Ninja Sinai said:

Thanks for the screengrabs One-Armed Boxer From Shantung.. yeah I have that version of Abbot White 2.. mine also runs 01:19.. the remastered subs really help but the quality is still awful.. back in the day trying to watch this on a horrible raw print with no subs and work out what the heck was happening was bewildering! lol

That version of Blood Treasury Fight is def letterboxed.. the fullscreen quality is much better.. I think someone out there is def hoarding a proper widescreen version of this in their vaults..

On a side note.. one thing I never understand with hoarders is their mindset.. for example fans of other genres share their rares so other fans can enjoy them and they can talk and discuss.. so that the love for the genre grows.. however sadly some of the kung fu hoarders wanna keep their rares them locked away so only they can see them and when they kick the bucket, most of their rares get thrown in the bin by other family members and become lost forever..

Anyway One-Armed Boxer.. please hit me up with the copy of Story of 36 Killers my friend if you can.. would really appreciate it.. im getting my little Ninjas hooked onto the old skool classic fu.. last night they watched Invincible Armour and they absolutely LOVED IT!!!!

My name is venom10463. One Armed Boxer is my current title. You receive different titles the more you post and reply.

Edit:

I'll post Story of 36 Killers in a bit. Be on the lookout for a link.

Edited by venom10463

9 minutes ago, venom10463 said:

My name is venom10463. One Armed Boxer is my current title.

To be clear, your current title is: One-Armed Boxer From Shantung :tongueout

Looking forward to the link. Thanks for posting it. 

9 hours ago, teako170 said:

Nice! I'm d/l now. I do have a copy of this, according to my spreadsheet, so it will be interesting to compare the two versions.

36kill.jpg.7de66d92d1139ea172c484cc0fd25917.jpg

If time allows some comparison screenshots would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

• Like 3

Ninja Sinai

@teako170 would also love to see a comparison of screenshots my friend if you can between your version and the one shared by Venom10463 if you can.

• Like 1

Ninja Sinai

By the way did The Magic Ring starring Chang Yi ever see the light of day? That was another ultra rare from back in the day that collectors tried hard to get hold of.

Magic Ring - 2.jpeg

• Like 2

Ninja Sinai
22 hours ago, laagi said:

@Ninja Sinai 35mm trailer of Strife for Mastery is up on eBay by our african friend. Pretty sure he also has a full print...

FLK claims to have a widescreen version. Anyone able to confirm? Speaking of which in respond to your statement; which I partially agree with.

Look at the FLK catalogue of "exclusive" DVD's and Blu-Ray's. That's why! Look at some youtube channels (e.g. Wutang Collection). That's why! Because everytime you put out a rare some thieving douchebag comes along and turns it into a quick buck.

I don't mind customs being shared among collectors for FREE. Just like IMHO any custom should be shared. Turning these into money however is just wrong! It has tainted this hobby and is the reason many have stopped releasing anything at all to the public. We are our own worst enemy right there.

The dude from South Africa.. im pretty sure thats the same dude who has the rare English dubbed version of Showdown at the Cottonmill but he wouldn't part with it..

FLK version is a faux letterboxed version of Strife for Mastery.. so not a genuine widescreen version.. hence the image is slightly squashed. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ninja Sinai said:

By the way did The Magic Ring starring Chang Yi ever see the light of day? That was another ultra rare from back in the day that collectors tried hard to get hold of.

It's out there with the same guy... He posted a clip of a remastered screener some time ago.

• Like 2

venom10463
53 minutes ago, Ninja Sinai said:

The dude from South Africa.. im pretty sure thats the same dude who has the rare English dubbed version of Showdown at the Cottonmill but he wouldn't part with it..

FLK version is a faux letterboxed version of Strife for Mastery.. so not a genuine widescreen version.. hence the image is slightly squashed. 

Is this also the same person that has Big Boss 2 with Lo Lieh? The official sequel to Big Boss.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, venom10463 said:

Is this also the same person that has Big Boss 2 with Lo Lieh? The official sequel to Big Boss.

Yep, that's him alright!

• Like 3

venom10463
58 minutes ago, laagi said:

Yep, that's him alright!

I recall he wanted $3000 for Big Boss 2.

• Like 2

Ninja Sinai
1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

That guy was exactly the type I was referring to in the other thread.

Which thread?

FuTouchup.jpg

This was 10 minutes of time spent in Photoshop. If someone could run this whole movie through color correction and try and bring the color back and clear it up a bit, this would be incredible. 

• Like 2

Ninja Sinai
8 minutes ago, SMK said:

FuTouchup.jpg

This was 10 minutes of time spent in Photoshop. If someone could run this whole movie through color correction and try and bring the color back and clear it up a bit, this would be incredible. 

Wow!

When I get back to work after the lockdown gonna follow your advise SMK and try colour correct it and also increase sharpness and see how it turns out!

Or @TheKungFuRobber could probably fix this in his sleep! 

Edited by Ninja Sinai
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ninja Sinai said:

When I get back to work after the lockdown gonna follow your advise SMK and try colour correct it and also increase sharpness and see how it turns out!

Very cool. Keep us updated on your progress. :thumbsup

• Like 1

5 hours ago, laagi said:

It's out there with the same guy... He posted a clip of a remastered screener some time ago.

Have that screener. Will have to upload. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

@teako170 would also love to see a comparison of screenshots my friend if you can between your version and the one shared by Venom10463 if you can.

Need to locate it. All my DVDs are still in boxes from when I bought my new house. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, Ninja Sinai said:

On 5/3/2020 at 11:14 AM, laagi said:

Uploaded the teaser to YT. Sorry, no audio.

• Like 7