The Rare & Lost Kung-Fu Movies Thread

TheFlyingPanda

@DragonClaws

Say, DC, when you brought up the Korean flick a while ago, it rang a bell in me because it made me recall a Korean television series I saw quite a number of years ago.

What struck me as strange was that the Korean character used a Japanese sword and seems to imitate Japanese techniques.  In fact I might even go so far as to say it imitated the technique of Nemuri Kyoshiro and his Engetsu (Full Moon technique).  By that I mean the Korean's blade moved in a roughly circular movement and even had the special effects multiple-images.  For all I know, maybe the Koreans were paying tribute to Japan's Nemuri Kyoshiro.

If anybody knows the Korean title, they can post it here because I would like to get a dvd.  After all many Korean-TV shows have been put on dvd so it's a good chance for this Sword series.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 7/12/2018 at 12:50 AM, NinjaNinjaNinja said:

Go Yeong-nam's "Viper" (1975). English version in Ghana. 

Any one of his movie's getting an official cleaned up release would be great.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2018 at 11:02 AM, Killer Meteor said:

I think they also have The Avenger AKA Queen Boxer

Are we still awaiting a decent official release of this one?, it's one I'd love to see.

• Like 2

Has this low key Jack Lam movie Five Mirim Swordsmen(1980), ever received any kind of release outside of Korea?. I'm under the impression that even the Korean VHS release is pretty hard to find?. More importantly, is it actually worth tracking down?. Thanks to @One Armed Boxer for revealing the year the movie was made. I did post this content on the Old-School Korean Moive thread, but felt it was also relevant here too.

Ready for action, the cast of Five Mirim Swordsmen. You can see the Super Kicker himself, Jack Lam second from the right. Who can put names to the other cast member'?.  Thanks to @ShawAngela who appears to have I-D both actress Yuen Qui, bottom left and actor Hsu Pu Liao bottom right.

FiveMirimSwordsmenJackLam.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 4/15/2018 at 2:41 AM, shaw golden said:

As announced by the contributor of the movie list, this particular Tien Yeh movie from 1971 is one of the rare ones on the list

Capture.PNG

This is the Italian release of this movie 👍😉

m.implacabile_ira_del_giustiziere_giallo_scena_52de0.jpg

implacabile_ira_del_giustiziere_giallo_scena_52de1.jpg

look081a.jpg

implacabile_ira_del_giustiziere_giallo_scena_52de2.jpg

• Like 3

Ninja Sinai

The Ninja has been away for many years training up in the mountains of Japan.

Thought I would return to society and find out if any remastered or better versions have been released of the below classic kung fu movies in the last 10 years?

Story of 36 Killers - Old skool classic.
Abbot White 2 (aka Chivalry vs Chivalry) - Insane kung fu movie starring David Chaing, Meng Fei and Kwan Chung (only extremely terrible quality versions of this old skool classic existed the last time I checked).
Sword of Justice - Classic swordplay movie! (I think Rarescope had planned to release this before they closed shop).
Chi Lee Fat Kung Fu - Classic starring Cliff Lok and Phillip Ko Fei
Showdown at the Cottonmill (English Dubbed version) - Been hunting for the english dubbed version of this for yeeeears.. it exists.. found one dude who has it on reels but he's hoarding it and sadly wont release it. Man I hate hoarders!! They deserve to be tied up and have some shuriken thrown at their heads!
Bloody Treasury Fight (widescreen) - Tan Tao Liang classic! Sadly only ever been able to find fullscreen versions of this classic. Would really love to see this in widescreen.

Also the holy grail of Wu Xia movies.. Tiger Boy starrting Jimmy Wang Yu.

• Like 8

What an incredible return Ninja! Welcome back to the forum.
Now let's see which of these films/versions have been unearthed since you've been away training. :thinking

200.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ninja Sinai
On 4/30/2020 at 3:02 AM, SMK said:

What an incredible return Ninja! Welcome back to the forum.
Now let's see which of these films/versions have been unearthed since you've been away training. :thinking

200.gif

:rofl

Man seems like none of them...!!

I forgot to mention one other classic, man what I wouldnt do for a widescreen remaster of Strife For Mastery starring David Chaing. All versions of this are terrible! Horrible fullscreen VHS rips. Flk released a faux Letterboxed version, but even that doesnt do the movie justice.

Man if I had millions I would travel the world looking for the reels of these classics to give them the proper remastered treatment!

Heck fans like RZA or Tarantino should do that!

Anyway heres a still from Strive For Mastery.

STRIFE FOR MASTERY 1e.jpg

Edited by Ninja Sinai
  • Like 8

ukrevrend
On 4/30/2020 at 2:45 AM, Ninja Sinai said:

The Ninja has been away for many years training up in the mountains of Japan.

Thought I would return to society and find out if any remastered or better versions have been released of the below classic kung fu movies in the last 10 years?

Story of 36 Killers - Old skool classic.
Abbot White 2 (aka Chivalry vs Chivalry) - Insane kung fu movie starring David Chaing, Meng Fei and Kwan Chung (only extremely terrible quality versions of this old skool classic existed the last time I checked).
Sword of Justice - Classic swordplay movie! (I think Rarescope had planned to release this before they closed shop).
Chi Lee Fat Kung Fu - Classic starring Cliff Lok and Phillip Ko Fei
Showdown at the Cottonmill (English Dubbed version) - Been hunting for the english dubbed version of this for yeeeears.. it exists.. found one dude who has it on reels but he's hoarding it and sadly wont release it. Man I hate hoarders!! They deserve to be tied up and have some shuriken thrown at their heads!
Bloody Treasury Fight (widescreen) - Tan Tao Liang classic! Sadly only ever been able to find fullscreen versions of this classic. Would really love to see this in widescreen.

Also the holy grail of Wu Xia movies.. Tiger Boy starrting Jimmy Wang Yu.

Story of 36 Killers - RareKF released a w/s washed out version a few years back, not too sure if it's better than what you have or seen
Sword of Justice - Akuma did a custom eng & sub w/s, not to sure on the quality as I can't get my hands on it at the moment (my kung fu box 2 is in the attic)

Bless

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

man what I wouldnt do for a widescreen remaster of Strife For Mastery

Me Too GIF by memecandy

I love this movie. This would be incredible to get a 2k restoration print cleaned up to the max, then apply some film grain, and add scratches back to it to give it that retro grindhouse feel. :)

• Like 4

venom10463
8 hours ago, ukrevrend said:

Story of 36 Killers - RareKF released a w/s washed out version a few years back, not too sure if it's better than what you have or seen
Sword of Justice - Akuma did a custom eng & sub w/s, not to sure on the quality as I can't get my hands on it at the moment (my kung fu box 2 is in the attic)

Bless

The Sword of Justice Akuma did is excellent quality. I think I have it on one of my hard drives. If I find it, I'll post screenshots.

The Rarescope Choi Lee Fut Kung fu is good quality with readable subtitles and dual languages.

xINTmuGG_o.png

mW8JecV7_o.png

I have a widescreen print of Blood Treasury Fight that I think Akuma did and uploaded on adc. I can't recall the quality, but I'll dig through my storage of dvd-rs and post screenshots.

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 5

ShawAngela
9 hours ago, venom10463 said:

I have a widescreen print of Blood Treasury Fight

I would love to see a Mandarin language with English subtitles of this one !

Sometimes, English subtitles or English language aren't very faithful to the original language...Same goes for the French dubs or subs, of course.

• Like 3

Ninja Sinai
11 hours ago, venom10463 said:

The Sword of Justice Akuma did is excellent quality. I think I have it on one of my hard drives. If I find it, I'll post screenshots.

The Rarescope Choi Lee Fut Kung fu is good quality with readable subtitles and dual languages.

xINTmuGG_o.png

mW8JecV7_o.png

I have a widescreen print of Blood Treasury Fight that I think Akuma did and uploaded on adc. I can't recall the quality, but I'll dig through my storage of dvd-rs and post screenshots.

Yeah I have the Rarescope version of Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu.. the quality is decent.. but I was hoping for a glass version like the celestial versions of the Shaws.. however most likely I guess that aint never gonna happen.

I have Sword of Justice.. quality is not all that great.. would def be interested to see screenshots of Bloody Treasury Fight my friend..

By the way $200,000 Jamaican Dollars to anyone who can find a proper widescreen version of Strife For Mastery!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

venom10463

Abbot White 2 Mandarin w removable subtitles. Total running time is 1.19 so I think it might be cut.

kZRPZ6UX_o.png

Os7UYSp1_o.png

FcKrexOh_o.png

• Like 2