The Rare & Lost Kung-Fu Movies Thread

TheFlyingPanda

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Is the VCD of Action Tae Kwon Do the same as the Youtube version?

I haven't watched it as yet, sorry.

• Like 2

Jesse Smooth

I’m sorry to jump in this late, but although there are rares that are Grade A Doo Doo, there are too many out there that are good.  Too many people over the decades had a over condescending attitude towards this genre.

• Like 4

ShawAngela

I just found a Shi Szu's and Ling Po's movie that I wasn't aware of : Dragon woman descends.

I don't know if there are any martial arts in it because I haven't watched it as yet, but I foudn a link where it can be watched.

So, here it is for those who are interested in it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaIKoY151tw

This link leads to the subtitled version. It seems that there are other links, but this one shows a longer running time.

• Like 4

DragonClaws

Can anyone here confirm, if this clip from Lo Lieh scripted,directed and co-prodcued, Devil & Angel(1973), is taken from an official release?.

Love to see more films from this era, looking this good.

BornInvincible.jpeg

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Not sure why the Cater Wong image I posted earlier in the thread, has now appeared in my last post?. I've deleted it while editng the post, but for some reason it just keep re-appearing in the post?.

• Like 1

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Can anyone here confirm, if this clip from Lo Lieh scripted,directed and co-prodcued, Devil & Angel(1973), is taken from an official release?.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it might come form the German release that also have Englsih and Italian languages in it (unless I mistake this release with the release of Supermen against the Orient regarding the multiple languages...).

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Guess The Sharp Fists of Kung Fu, is not so rare now, with being on YouTube in a full screen English dub. Was it ever that hard to find before it appeared online?. It would still be nice to see this Lam Ching-Ying choreogprahed basher, get a cleaned widescreen release. According to the HKMDB, star Tam Sing, only appeared in this movie, and Paris Killers, made the same year.

Jamal posted this WIDESCEEN clip on YouTube some year's back.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but I dont think this movie has been released for sometime?. Are there any decent versions floating around?, I know Yang Sze has a minor part in this one.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
On 8/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, DragonClaws said:

I could be wrong, but I dont think this movie has been released for sometime?. Are there any decent versions floating around?, I know Yang Sze has a minor part in this one.

AKA

• Like 2

On 2/12/2018 at 10:32 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It seems like some collectors are on a power trip, but when they drop dead in old age, half that stuff will be thrown out. To what purpose? 

This comment by JohnnyRay Gasco, reminded me of what you said in this thread @NoKUNGFUforYU.

Unlike the other collectors who were hoarders and very possessive about their stuff, Tom was always generous and open (to those who earned it, I’m sure). This lack of great character was why I had often stayed out of that collector’s circle

Source Link- https://nostalgiaking.com/2017/04/20/diggin-kung-fu-with-johnnyray-gasca/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

It's on widescreen DVD from Code Red.

Thanks for that, after reviewing the movie, a few forum members also pointed out, the TVP Blu-Ray release to me.

I'm not sure if this title is classed as a lost treasure of the genre?, but can anyone tell me the English tranlsation for this Korean flick?.

DragonFanFighter.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Chinese characters from left to right :

4 people (guys) ?  ? blade ?

Maybe it will ring a bell to someone.

Are you sure that it's a Korean movie ? The title at the bottom of the poster is in Chinese, though there us a small character(my first ? in the " translation " I tried above) between the second from the left and the third from the left that doesn't look like a Chinese character, but more like a Korean one or a Japanese one...

Is it Barry Chan wearing orange clothes ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Are you sure that it's a Korean movie ? The title at the bottom of the poster is in Chinese, though there us a small character(my first ? in the " translation " I tried above) between the second from the left and the third from the left that doesn't look like a Chinese character, but more like a Korean one or a Japanese one...

I got the image from a movie poster site, dont have the link, it was listed as a Korean film, Dragon Fan something, I cant recall the exact title.

30 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Is it Barry Chan wearing orange clothes ?

The actor looks a lot like him, if it's not.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Dragon Fan something, I cant recall the exact title.

I copied the image on my computer and it was mentioned as Dragon fan fighter.

Do you allow me to put it on another forum in order to know the exact title ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Do you allow me to put it on another forum in order to know the exact title ?

Of course @ShawAngela, though the title might be Dragon Fan Fighter?.

Here are the informations I got, thanks to Admin, from Wuxia Society Forum

This movie title is: 
四人的実力者 4인의 실력자 (1977)
主演: 吕秀贞 / 南忠一 / 卡萨伐 / 高强
制片国家/地区: 韩国
语言: 韩语
上映日期: 1977-08-20
又名: Four Masters

It is a Korean wuxia movie. 

So, the foreign title for it is Four Masters.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Thank you @ShawAngela, appreciate you going out of your way, to get more detials on the poster.

I don't think I've ever sat through a Korean Wu-Xia, despite all the low budget late 70's/early80's, Korean priductions Ive viewed.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

The Godfather of Hong Kong (Man zhou ren) is a 1973 Hong Kong martial arts films. It tells the story of one man's fight against a cruel opium gang, culminating the kidnapping of his family. The film's assistant director is an uncredited John Woo.

The film was distributed internationally with English dubbing. An English-dubbed theatrical copy is confirmed to have been played in the United States, released by The Cannon Group. The only known home video release with English audio is a heavily abridged 200’ 8mm print release by Ken Films, a (presumably unaltered) 7-minute copy of which is available on Youtube courtesy of user Kerrie O'Keefe.

Source- https://lostmediawiki.com/The_Godfathers_of_Hong_Kong_(partially_found_English_dub_of_Hong_Kong_Martial_Arts_film;_1973)

• Like 3