Parasyte: Parts 1&2 (2014/2015)

Takuma

Parasyte: Parts 1&2 (Takashi Yamazaki, 2014/2015)

I haven't seen director Yamazaki's (Returner, 2002; Space Battleship Yamato, 2010) most popular films - Eternal Zero seemed like propaganda crap (though some say it isn't) and the Always series looked like sentimental crap - but I gotta say this new film looks a little bit intriguing. Based on early 1990's manga by Hitoshi Iwaaki and to be released in two parts ala Death Note. Shôta Sometani, Ai Hashimoto (I like her), Kazuki Kitamura, Eri Fukatsu, Tadanobu Asano, Jun Kunimura and Hirofumi Arai star.

Teaser:

DKEI4A95wSg

Trailer:

RSFQLo1kBUk

para_zpsf3696b61.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

I haven't seen director Yamazaki's (Returner, 2002; Space Battleship Yamato, 2010) most popular films - Eternal Zero seemed like propaganda crap (though some say it isn't) and the Always series looked like sentimental crap - but I gotta say this new film looks a little bit intriguing. Based on early 1990's manga by Hitoshi Iwaaki and to be released in two parts ala Death Note. Shôta Sometani, Ai Hashimoto (I like her), Kazuki Kitamura, Eri Fukatsu, Tadanobu Asano, Jun Kunimura and Hirofumi Arai star.

Teaser:

DKEI4A95wSg

Trailer:

RSFQLo1kBUk

para_zpsf3696b61.jpg

Review is out for this one from the guys over at Twitch. As usual for a mainstream Japanese release, it sounds like it contains a few inspired moments quickly drowned out by reams and reams of exposition. -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/11/review---parasyte-part-1-slow-burn-alien-takeover-paves-way-for-part-2.html

One Armed Boxer

Teaser:

DKEI4A95wSg

Trailer:

RSFQLo1kBUk

para_zpsf3696b61.jpg

A review of 'Parasyte - Completion' is up from the guys over at Twitch -

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/04/udine-2015-review-parasyte---completion.html

Funimation will release the Japanese 2-part live action sci-fi horror movie, Parasyte Parts 1&2, together on Blu-ray/DVD combo and digital on May 8th, 2018.  The movie was directed by Takashi Yamazaki (The Returner - 2002; Space Battleship Yamato - 2010).  Cast includes Shota Sometani, Eri Fukatsu, Ai Hashimoto, Kazuki Kitamura, Masahiro Higashide, and Tadonobu Asano.  "When a parasitic species suddenly invades, one of the creatures missed its mark.  And in that moment, Shinichi Izumi's life changed forever.  While his brain was spared, his right arm was taken over by the parasite, Migi.  Now, the two must learn to coexist while the rest of Migi's kind attempt to take over the human race.  Can Shinichi fight the invading species while maintaining his own humanity?"  Parasyte: Part 1 (Kiseijuu) was released in Japan in 2014, with the  Parasyte: Part 2 (Kiseijuu: Kanketsuhen) getting a release in 2015.  Blu-ray/DVD announcement at https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/parasyte-parts-1-and-2-live-action-combo-digital-bld-00685/  

The movies are based on the manga, Kiseiju (Parasitic Beasts), by Hitoshi Iwaaki; it was published in Japan from 1988 to 1995.  An anime TV series was run on Japanese TV from October 2015 to April 2016.    

Parasyte trailers for Parts 1 and 2 - 

Archived