The Outsider (2018) Jared Leto joins the Yakuza

DragonClaws

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one starts out fairly entertaining but somehow loses it towards the last 4th of the movie. Too many things don't add up and by this I mean especially the actions of the characters. Also I hate to say it but Leto while obviously trying is miscast IMHO. Anyway, I guess if you're looking for a short dose of yakuza gangster style it will do.

Frank Bolte

thought this was a great idea for a story but it fell short...too many things that didnt make sense but "to me" the main actor Leto didnt suit the role...dont know he wasnt convincing...and sowewhat not likeable

12 hours ago, Frank Bolte said:

thought this was a great idea for a story but it fell short...too many things that didnt make sense but "to me" the main actor Leto didnt suit the role...dont know he wasnt convincing...and sowewhat not likeable

I've read somewhere that originally Takashi Miike was attached to this with Tom Hardy in the lead... Who knows how this would have turned out.

DragonClaws

Anyone else think that Jared Leto looks like a cross between Christopher Walken and William Defoe in the pictures I posted?.

Wonder if he's related to either of them?.

Frank Bolte
11 hours ago, laagi said:

I've read somewhere that originally Takashi Miike was attached to this with Tom Hardy in the lead... Who knows how this would have turned out.

it would have turned out a beast of a film....damn

Archived