RIP Li Ching 李菁 (1948-2018)

teako170

Read the news this morning. I always enjoyed this actress. She sadly died alone in her apartment. Had been dead for days and neighbors complained of a stench to the authorities. RIP Baby Queen. You're in a better place now.

7353dfe8b6c3f76794e17bf809b9286a.jpg

• Like 1

Very sad of course, I just wonder if her apparent problems with gambling somehow had a role in all this. Dying and then not have anybody finding out until your body breaks down is not a good way to go....:monk_crying:

• Like 3

Such a heartbreaking end to a life that earlier held so much promise. :crying Surely a sad reminder to us all of the fragility of the human condition, and the fickle nature of fate as we move through life. 

Rest In Peace, Li Ching. A gifted and versatile actress of renown in the Shaw catalogue. 

• Like 5

Chu Liu Hsiang

Such a sad way to go. I wish she had known how much she was appreciated here. Loved her in all roles. My Tribute watching will be KING EAGLE in which she has a double role.

Sleep well, find peace.

• Like 5

Pulled out a bunch of Li Ching films and watched one a night for the last few nights, and they've all been great.

Vengeance of a Snowgirl
The Sword of Swords
Rape of the Sword
The Golden Lion

Going to keep it going with The Long Chase and King Eagle next.

• Like 6

Is it only me, or does anyone thinks like me that the woman shown in the pictures of the following link furiously looks like Li Ching mainly in the picture near the price, and also in the 7th, to 9th pictures :

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c-s.w4002-2031293733.110.40181b83jgEy5s&id=551298792652

There is no date mentioned for this series, so, I don't know if it's possible that it's her, but, as I said, I see a furious resemblance...

• Like 2

I liked her with long hair....just my preference.  She was a beautiful woman, regardless. Below is a still from Invincible Fist with Fang Mian.

560f58daecd83702f29bf59e2fac2c50.jpg

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Cognoscente
On 2/23/2018 at 8:15 AM, De Ming Li said:

Very sad of course, I just wonder if her apparent problems with gambling somehow had a role in all this. Dying and then not have anybody finding out until your body breaks down is not a good way to go....

There may be something to this. Recently, I've been reading about her on Chinese webpages where I learned that her post-film venture was investing in the stock market. She left the film industry in 1979 because her boyfriend died.

s-l1600 (74).jpg

s-l1600 (63).jpg

s-l1600 (48).jpg

s-l1600 (49).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

June 1977 90.jpg

s-l1600 (41).jpg

s-l1600 (71).jpg

• Like 5

On 6/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, Cognoscente said:

There may be something to this. Recently, I've been reading about her on Chinese webpages where I learned that her post-film venture was investing in the stock market. She left the film industry in 1979 because her boyfriend died.

s-l1600 (74).jpg

s-l1600 (63).jpg

s-l1600 (48).jpg

s-l1600 (49).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

June 1977 90.jpg

s-l1600 (41).jpg

s-l1600 (71).jpg

Was her boyfriend an actor too ?

• Like 2