Walk Like A Panther (2018)

DragonClaws

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I love these wrestling comedies...count me in

This must be the first U.K wrestling comedy?,that Im aware of anyway. Back n the early 90's, there was a short lived comedy T.V series here called Rumble, about a wrestling promotion. Featuring old school British actor/wrestler Brian Glover(American Werewolf In London, Alian 3).

I would put this in a triple bill with The Foul King and Queens of the Ring (a French comedy about everywomen attempting be wrestlers that WWE co-produced but unlike their other films, the WWE stars (Eve Torres-Gracie, The Miz, and I think CM Punk) made cameos as themselves for a WWE live event...I have to go back to my DVD of it).

Yep, cannot wait for this! Great British cast (if anyone hasn't seen I, Daniel Blake, the last film that cast member and great stand up comic Dave Johns starred in, do yourself a favour and watch it, it's astonishingly good). Incidentally I see Stephen Merchant is also making a wrestling film, but on a much bigger budget and with Dwayne Johnson.

55 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

I see Stephen Merchant is also making a wrestling film, but on a much bigger budget and with Dwayne Johnson.

Hi @SamSeed

Thats the one about WWE star Paige, not sure if thats still going ahead?, now her in ring career's been cut short.

Her father trained current NWA champion Nick Aldis.

57 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

(if anyone hasn't seen I, Daniel Blake, the last film that cast member and great stand up comic Dave Johns starred in, do yourself a favour and watch it, it's astonishingly good)

Heard a lot of good things about this one.

22 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Hi @SamSeed

Thats the one about WWE star Paige, not sure if thats still going ahead?, now her in ring career's been cut short.

It's called Fighting With My Family and is apparently due to be released in September. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6513120/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

On 2/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, DragonClaws said:

Hi @SamSeed

It's already in the can. The film is actually getting a screening during WrestleMania weekend. Florence Pugh (Lady MacBeth) plays Paige, Nick Frost plays Ricky Knight and Lena Headey plays Sweet Saraya. Here's an on-set photo where you can see Paige

MV5BMjgxMjQ2NjQtYmMzMS00ZDRkLWI5NzQtOTY4

Saw this yesterday. Lots to enjoy, quite a sweet story and they get a lot or humour from the premise. Wrestling wise, they certainly capture the ethos and spirit of the camp style of old English wrestling and there are some nice little scenes where they all get to show off some moves.

DragonClaws
21 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Saw this yesterday. Lots to enjoy, quite a sweet story and they get a lot or humour from the premise. Wrestling wise, they certainly capture the ethos and spirit of the camp style of old English wrestling and there are some nice little scenes where they all get to show off some moves.

Plan to go see this at the cinema, glad to read some postive comments from a fellow Kung Fu Fandom members. It's a shame Brian Glover isnt still alive, his would have been perfect for this movie. His in ring style always seemed to have a comedy element to it, at least from the stuff I've seen him do.

Archived