Finding The Little Dragon In Unrelated Places

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Artist Percy Forting-Wright works on a mural for Union Point during HUBweek at City Hall Plaza in Boston on Oct. 12, 2017. The mural includes Bruce Lee, Frida Kahlo and Salvador Dali. HUBweek, a festival celebrating technology,...

Link- https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/artist-percy-forting-wright-works-on-a-mural-for-union-news-photo/860918026?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#artist-percy-fortingwright-works-on-a-mural-for-union-point-during-picture-id860918026

image.png

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws

kaNO-Kid-Bruce-Lee-Dragon-King-Designer-

Who knows what the state of hip hop, breakdancing, graffiti, and urban culture as a whole would be like today if Bruce Lee hadn’t risen to international superstardom in the early ’70s. If this statement seems like a leap in logic, then bear in mind that Bruce Lee was a minority who stood up to ‘the man’, who fought oppression, who could be an inspiration. And all those urban art forms were — at the time — obscure subcultures primarily found around the streets of Brooklyn and the Bronx, the practitioners of them being disinfranchised, rebellious youths looking for an outlet, one which even Lee’s philosophy about being “shapeless, formless, like water” ended up shaping, manifesting as the now-signature free-flowing aspects of urban culture. And all this leads to 2011, when kaNO, an artist that can be seen proudly sporting his “Make Vinyl Urban Again” snapback hat, made a vinyl sculpture paying tribute to Bruce Lee, a piece titled Dragon King.

Link- https://coartmag.com/news/feature/kano-bruce-lee-dragon-king/

?format=1500w

For this style post, I was inspired by my favorite video game when I was a kid and my hero, Bruce Lee. For as long as I can remember, martial arts has been in my world. Not many would know this, but I am a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and my brother is a second degree. TKD really helped me as a young girl because I learned discipline.

For the full article, check out the following link.

Link- https://www.lifeonamat.com/style/2017/1/12/muay-thai-mortal-kombat

Jazz saxophonist, composer and producers Kamasi Washington recently released his latest album “Heaven and Earth” and absolutely created a beautiful masterpiece that will surely get spins for years to come. One of my favorite cuts from the album purely based on nostalgic reasons is “Fists of Fury” which covers one of my favorite compositions from Bruce Lee’s “Fist of Fury” film and soundtrack composed by Joseph Koo in 1972.

TxT, Video link and image, from NostalgiaKing.Com

Located in the Gangwon Province, Korea, at a local rest stop / truck stop is a 1970’s era recreation of a Korean movie theater featuring a billboard ad for a Bruce Lee film displayed loud and clear.  

Bruce-Lee-Theater-1024x1024.jpg

• Like 1