7 Guardians Of The Tomb: Li Bingbing, Kelsey Grammer, Kellan Lutz (2018)

DragonClaws

Yes you read that right, Kelsey Grammer(Frasier, Expendables 3), is the latest U.S actor, to lend his skills to a Chinese production.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Just looking at the picture, I could have sworn it was a chinese version of Tomb Raider :tongueout

Looks like latestest Tomb Raid with a hint of The Mummy(1999), and a host of other films mashed up into one. There's some really bad CGI in there, which wouldnt look out of place in a 1994 P.C Game.

Sure we will see more Chinese interpretations of current Hollywood movies in the future. Especially as more Hollywood stars take offers to work for the mainland Chinese film industry.

4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Especially as more Hollywood stars take offers to work for the mainland Chinese film industry.

That's where the money is now.  This movie has gone through several title changes, the latest being - adding "7" to the existing title.  It did not get a very good review here - 

https://asianfilmstrike.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/guardians-of-the-tomb-2018-review/  

and I am not fond of movies with giant spiders.

I saw the film and it's basically a cheesy mindless film made for fun popcorn entertainment. If you've seen one adventure film involving tombs at this point, you've seen many. If I had to choose between this and say, The Last Airbender, I'd rather watch this.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/02/20/7-guardians-of-the-tomb-2018/

As a bonus, I interviewed Kellan Lutz and he was impressed with how committed Li Bingbing and Kelsey Grammer were on the set and he did it was one of the smoothest shoots he's pretty much went through.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/02/20/becoming-a-guardian-an-interview-with-kellan-lutz/

The film is a Chinese-Australian co-production.

22 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I saw the film and it's basically a cheesy mindless film made for fun popcorn entertainment. If you've seen one adventure film involving tombs at this point, you've seen many. If I had to choose between this and say, The Last Airbender, I'd rather watch this.

I'm not sure using The Last Airbender for the comparison is fair, considering how universally reviled it is.  How about King Solomon's Mines (1985)/Alan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1986) or Firewalker (1986) instead?

On 2/23/2018 at 1:37 PM, SamSeed said:

Never heard of this. Can;t believe this is a question I;m actually asking, but does Kelsey Grammer have any action scenes in it?

Not so much action scenes...but again, I would say @tdb mentioning the likes of the Allan Quatermaine films...if Cannon were to make their films today, this would most likely be the equivalent of that. I didn't completely hate it...again, I've seen far worse.

Was this actually released in cinemas or a DTV production? I tried to like it for what it's worth but everything about it was just so cheap. It's like they didn't even try. From the entire pointless story, stilted dialogue, cheap set pieces (honestly it looked like they just picked up some stuff from a random asian store) over to the poor acting and CGI... There's just too much to forgive and forget :laugh

7 Guardians of the Tomb Blu-ray and DVD release is on April 24, 2018 from Gravitas Ventures.  It's available for pre-order from Amazon.com - just search for 7 Guardians of the Tomb.

Was at the home of one of my Asian friends this weekend, he just got this movie & we decided to give it a watch (some of his family members also decided to join us). 

Like @AlbertV said & he was putting it nicely,

On 2/22/2018 at 11:30 AM, AlbertV said:

it's basically a cheesy mindless film made for fun popcorn entertainment.

but we were not entirely entertained.

At one point my friend daughter got up and said (about Kelsey Grammer), "it looks like he is reading his lines from a teleprompter".

Well, that should give you an idea.

So now you know, don't expect too much, give it a shot a la rental or watch on Netflix to kill time.

Archived