Shaolin VS Lama: Special Edition with 2K transfer?

teako170

Drunken Monk
38 minutes ago, laagi said:

Sample below, will be deleted in 2 days. Let me know what you guys think ;)

https://streamable.com/id8g0x

I'm not gonna lie, this has me SUPER excited. No rush and I'm not trying to be rude but do you have any idea of a timeframe?

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm not gonna lie, this has me SUPER excited. No rush and I'm not trying to be rude but do you have any idea of a timeframe?

Processing a file this big is a total b*tch! Believe that. So I can't make any promises at the moment. I'll try to have it done over the weekend.

Probably just gonna stream it for a limited time (similar to the sample above). In hopes 36cinema will re-surface and show us this again.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
2 minutes ago, laagi said:

Processing a file this big is a total b*tch! Believe that. So I can't make any promises at the moment. I'll try to have it done over the weekend.

Probably just gonna stream it for a limited time (similar to the sample above). In hopes 36cinema will re-surface and show us this again.

Sounds good! Good luck with the file!

39 minutes ago, laagi said:

You have my full moral support. :BL-Go:

• Like 2

A short update. I'm done processing the file and for what it's worth it turned out quite nice. Some general info below for those interested.

• Streaming will take place this weekend (valid for 2 days)
  • There's still some frame rate issues but it's perfectly watchable IMHO
  • Audio is the live commentary track from 36 cinema
  • Video possible downgrade to SD

If you wanna show your appreciation, please consider a donation to the forum for reoccurring expenses. Last but not least I will not share the file on here or anywhere else.

I hope eventually we get to see a proper version and hope you guys will support it accordingly, especially if you've enjoyed the movie ;)

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 2

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

The commentary killed my boner for this release.

I suppose one could add the English or Mandarin? dub but I'll leave that to others 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, laagi said:

I suppose one could add the English or Mandarin? dub but I'll leave that to others 😉

Thanks bro for putting this together. Appreciate the time & effort in correcting the frame rate issues. Will definitely stream when it's available this weekend. I'll just have to mute the audio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cmon now the commentary isn't that bad. I've actually enjoyed it for the most part.

Otherwise how would I know how ODB got his name 😆

• Like 3

There you go. As stated before I'll delete this after 48 hours. Should give everybody a fighting chance (pun intended) to watch it.

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 2

4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi How big was the original file?

The original file was 9Gb. After processing 3.5Gb. The version you're watching in SD is approx. 1.65Gb. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

27 minutes ago, laagi said:

The original file was 9Gb. After processing 3.5Gb. The version you're watching in SD is approx. 1.65Gb. 

Hope you're going to make that 9gb file available. We can work some magic on it and remove the commentary and have the best print available.

Just joking mods. Don't ban me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

14 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Hope you're going to make that 9gb file available. We can work some magic on it and remove the commentary and have the best print available.

Just joking mods. Don't ban me!

Or we can wait for another 10+ years for a 8K release :Ayociexp113:

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:59 AM, laagi said:

I tired to do that for myself as I can't stand dubbed, let alone audio commentary talking over a dubbed film,  but it went out of sync after 10 seconds, so I just gave that idea up.

Looks like it'll be a good film to watch, if I was deaf.

9 hours ago, laagi said:

Or we can wait for another 10+ years for a 8K release :Ayociexp113:

I'll be 61 then. I love to see how big my Asian film collection is by then.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

thundered mantis

Thank you so much for the tinkering and the uploading @laagi

I was gonna contact you through pm regarding this, but as it seems the system is trojan corrupted, I created a kung fu email in case you´d be patient enough to reach me there: mynickname @gmail.com That applies to anyone here who needs to get in touch...

Thanks!

Edited by thundered mantis

2 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Thank you so much for the tinkering and the uploading @laagi

I was gonna contact you through pm regarding this, but as it seems the system is trojan corrupted, I created a kung fu email in case you´d be patient enough to reach me there: thunderedmantis@gmail.com That applies to anyone here who needs to get in touch...

Thanks!

You're welcome I'm still not entirely satisfied with the result. I'm sure it could be further improved. Might wanna remove your email add though on here or you might get swarmed with spam ;)

• Like 2

Damn missed this one!

I would like to see the newer Print of this classic.

What's the Print quality like ?

Edited by Akuma
  • Like 1