Shaolin VS Lama: Special Edition with 2K transfer?

teako170

Secret Executioner

Let's see roast chicken, roast duck, dumplings, rice, noodles, vegetable dishes, tea, and fine wine! I am so hungry!!!

As we say over here: bon appétit, monsieur. :pizza:cool

• Like 1

It's a great movie with some of the best acrobatic KF put on screen, I've only watched a pretty bad quality of this, I think there's a widescreen around.

Don't even get me started on food :evilgrin you'll make me drive 30-40 minutes to my dim sum restaurant, Damn why does good food have to be so far?

• Like 1

While the search engine has been working pretty well for me this week, I was unable to find a thread for this movie. Even though I know there must be multiple ones, guess the release would be worthy of its own thread, if it ever happens?.

Click on the link below for more detials, thank you.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks to who-ever merged this thread? with my new post about the talk of a 2K scan, by Michael Worth.

That would be me, no worries dude!

& yes, I would be completely up for this!  Michael Worth has quite a few aces up his sleeve for 2018, I can reveal that much.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

& yes, I would be completely up for this!  Michael Worth has quite a few aces up his sleeve for 2018, I can reveal that much.

Yeah, thanks to him we have some cool stuff to discuss and look forward to this year.

• Like 2

This is very exciting. Just when you think old school releases have been reduced to a lackluster trickle, something like this comes along. 

• Like 4

thundered mantis

I'm slowly trying to come back to my kungs after like 7 years of hyatus, and I feel I'm a bit lost on the new scenarios. Seems the scene is about private torrent sites, youtube channels and HD Chinese TV emisions. Very hard to keep track of quality editions for me. I'd be in for this remastered ShvsL. Links are broken. Any news of it?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
5 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

I'm slowly trying to come back to my kungs after like 7 years of hyatus, and I feel I'm a bit lost on the new scenarios. Seems the scene is about private torrent sites, youtube channels and HD Chinese TV emisions. Very hard to keep track of quality editions for me. I'd be in for this remastered ShvsL. Links are broken. Any news of it?

I think we’ve just been teased by the idea of it so far. It sounds like nothing is set in concrete, unfortunately.

i just hope this project doesn’t fizzle out.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2018 at 3:40 PM, Drunken Monk said:

i just hope this project doesn’t fizzle out.

It looks like it have done?, though I hope I'm wrong about this.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 5:07 AM, thundered mantis said:

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I'm at a loss as well. but it's encouraging that the Chinese are remastering more

• Like 3

On 9/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Burnout29 said:

Noob here so I know don't know anything about Mr Worth but they shouldn't tease if they can't deliver.  Or did Tarantino buy it.

Welcome to the world of KFM collectors :laugh But on a more serious note what happened to this supposed 2k transfer?

• Like 4

Someone has this classic on 35mm. Wished it could get a proper release.

Anyway, I was able to grab on Facebook a scan of a rare 35mm print that played at a rare screening in the US a few years back.

Perhaps one day we shall see a bluray release.

35mm.jpg

• Like 3

This thread gives me anxiety. The kung fu kid in me loves the movie so much he throws a tantrum everytime the possibility of a proper release comes up and evaporates. Would kickstart harder than the wallet allows.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I could be wrong but wasn't SHAOLIN VS LAMA directed Lee Tso Nam?

The fact that Pearl River recently released THE LEG FIGHTERS on bluray using the director's own personal 35mm print of the film could mean that he may have a 35mm print of SHAOLIN VS LAMA in his collection.

I'm sure someone has their contact info.

Still, I don't know the legalities of these films even if you have a 35mm print.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2020 at 3:31 AM, gskmeva said:

I could be wrong but wasn't SHAOLIN VS LAMA directed Lee Tso Nam?

The fact that Pearl River recently released THE LEG FIGHTERS on bluray using the director's own personal 35mm print of the film could mean that he may have a 35mm print of SHAOLIN VS LAMA in his collection.

I'm sure someone has their contact info.

Still, I don't know the legalities of these films even if you have a 35mm print.

Yes, it was directed by Li Tso-Nan. 

The production company was Tin Ping (H.K.) and I'd imagine they went out of business about 35 years ago! 

I'd buy a subbed, uncut, wide BLU were anyone to release it. :)

• Like 6

thundered mantis

I assume there´s a 35 mm print on a decent shape, ´cause it was screened on Hollywood Theater I guess judging for this link:

https://hollywoodtheatre.org/programs/series/kung-fu-theater/

Any other favourites of mine there: The Victim, Mystery of Chess Boxing, Shaolin vs Wu Tang, 7 Grandmasters, Super Power, Snake Deadly Act, Snake in the Monkey´s Shadow...

Maybe we will see them eventually on the RZA online screenings?

• Like 5