Shaolin VS Lama: Special Edition with 2K transfer?

teako170

DESCRIPTION
Just because I was watching this exact version today (well the English dubbed version) while on the treadmill, enjoy this clip of the widescreen version of the CLASSIC kung fu masterpiece that is, 'Shaolin vs Lama'.

POINT OF INTEREST
2:48 (Shaolin Wins!)

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Fuckin Sick!!! Pure non-stop shapes action.. I had to take a 5 min break from all that Abbot foot in the mouth ass kicking.... Could this be top 10 of all time, whatcha think???

SvsLFoot.JPG

• Like 1

Shaolin Chamber 36

Shaolin vs Lama definitely made my NON Shaw Brothers Top 10 list.

I just finished watching the widescreen version the other day, PURE CLASSIC! Should be a mandatory viewing for any kung fu movie fan.

• Like 1

I always loved the dub for this one. When I first saw it I thought it had a different atmosphere to a lot of other similar films. Sometimes I would just be chilling out with a friend and he would blurt out, 'I must die to prove Buddah exists!'.

• Like 1

thundered mantis

now we only need 5 Fighters from Shaolin wide to get all the great Robert Tai classics as they were intended to be seen. Toby Rś got it, he did put a tube clip time ago.Fundraising for it anyone? I´d be in!

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching it again for the first time in...errr....a lot of years!

For anyone that hasn't seen it, then, after you have finished flogging yourself in apology, get a copy of it and enjoy some great fighting, training, acrobatics, eybrows and skanky feet! :xd:

• Like 1

Hi all,

Can someone here please tell me where is the shooting location or Shaolin Temple which was used for the movie "Shaolin Vs. Lama"? Any link to Google earth would be appreciated.

Thanks

Topgun:ooh:

• Like 1

I'm trying to find a Kung Fu movie I saw years ago, but I can't remember the title. The premise of the film is this: there is a fellow who wants to learn Kung Fu, but the master refuses to teach the fellow. So, the fellow asks the master's errand boy how he can get the master to teach him. The errand boy tells the fellow that whenever the fellow sees the master out and about, the fellow should attack the master, thereby learning the master's technique. Basically the fellow gets his butt kicked everyday trying to learn the master's moves. It was a very good and funny film that I would like to see again. Does anyone know this movie?

• Like 1

I'm trying to find a Kung Fu movie I saw years ago, but I can't remember the title. The premise of the film is this: there is a fellow who wants to learn Kung Fu, but the master refuses to teach the fellow. So, the fellow asks the master's errand boy how he can get the master to teach him. The errand boy tells the fellow that whenever the fellow sees the master out and about, the fellow should attack the master, thereby learning the master's technique. Basically the fellow gets his butt kicked everyday trying to learn the master's moves. It was a very good and funny film that I would like to see again. Does anyone know this movie?

The first thing that comes to mind is The Prodigal Son (1981) which has a somewhat similar premise, but it's not exactly the same. If you can remember any of the actors, that would definitely help.

BTW, Welcome to the forum! :wink:

• Like 1

I really appreciate the help. It was Shaolin vs. Lama for which I was looking. Oddly enough, my memories of the film were from so long ago that I had forgotten and mis-remembered much of the film. The chicken and the foot in the mouth very funny. Well, thanks guys.

• Like 1

I'm trying to find a Kung Fu movie I saw years ago, but I can't remember the title. The premise of the film is this: there is a man fighting these mythical crackens as in Greek mythology but only every town the man comes to there is a new one to defeat, I want to say that there was 10 total but may be wrong. Can any one help?

Secret Executioner

Here's a nice one from the wutangcollection youtube channel. :cool

I haven't seen this movie (Buddha have mercy), but from this trailer it really looks awesome (and the dub sounds great too - gotta love the "Buddha finger"). :clappinghands

Guest Anonymous
Here's a nice one from the wutangcollection youtube channel. :cool

I haven't seen this movie (Buddha have mercy), but from this trailer it really looks awesome (and the dub sounds great too - gotta love the "Buddha finger"). :clappinghands

This is actually the first kung fu movie I ever saw. It was awesome! I love how the old monk is like "Give me the parson's nose!!!" when refering to the delicious roast chicken.

Seriously, kung fu movies often make me soooo hungry for roast chicken, roast duck, and chinese food.

Also that amazing quote that made me laugh out loud, "I must kill myself to prove that Budha exists!!!!"

Guest Anonymous
Kung fu flicks tend to make me hungry too, so we're two in the same boat. :tongueout

Let's see roast chicken, roast duck, dumplings, rice, noodles, vegetable dishes, tea, and fine wine! I am so hungry!!!