Shaolin VS Lama: Special Edition with 2K transfer?

teako170

The copy I have is from Red Sun. It's full-screen English dubbed. It also comes with about 30 minutes worth of oldschool martial arts trailers.

• Like 1

The copy I have is from Red Sun.

Bootleg

I have the Groundzero/Lion Video dvd release, which is the only "legit" version I know of. But I dont know what the best dvd version available is. Im sure theres been a Uk release, but dont know if its any better.

• Like 1

Bootleg

I have the Groundzero/Lion Video dvd release, which is the only "legit" version I know of. But I dont know what the best dvd version available is. Im sure theres been a Uk release, but dont know if its any better.

How's that version?

I bought Red Sun inadvertently when my love of old school kung fu was reignited after watching a movie on TV. Had no idea they were bootleg and wouldn't buy again even if they were legit. The couple movies I got were horrendous in quality.

• Like 1

I like the way Chang Shan fits this stance into the choreography on about 2 occasions:

sv1.jpg

But my favourite move from the entire movie is during the night fight where Chang Shan performs some strikes to the upper torso followed by this fatal kick, which the camera repeats several times before the scene ends (from dark to light). :ooh:

sv2.jpg

BTW, my scanner has broke, so these stupid lines are appearing. I'm buying a new one tomorrow.

• Like 1

is like....one of the greatest things ever....

anywho....I think i recall seeing a part 2 and 3 somewhere one time....any1 confirm this? and are they good?

Morgoth Bauglir

No sequels. I remember seeing a pic of Chang Shan from S vs L on the cover of Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu at the store many years back. Being a huge fan of S vs L, I was hoping it would be the same sort of movie. It was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. And it didn’t help that Chang Shan isn’t in it. Also there’s a DVD called S vs L part 2, but it is actually S against L.

• Like 1

Hey guys, what other movies have the same shaolin theme? snd maybe some similar characters as well?

I debated whether or not to get Shaolin vs WuTang or Shaolin vs Manchu. I'm wondering if War Against Shaolin Temple is in the same category also.

• Like 1

Hey guys, what other movies have the same shaolin theme? snd maybe some similar characters as well?

I debated whether or not to get Shaolin vs WuTang or Shaolin vs Manchu. I'm wondering if War Against Shaolin Temple is in the same category also.

Shaolin vs WuTang is DEFFINETLY DEFFINETLY DEFFINETLY worth it!

Shaolin vs Machu i enjoyed...story was great...some of the fighting was a little bit slower paced, but id reccommend it...i got it on a 4 pack disc with some other good movies for 1.99 so it was deff worth picking it up

• Like 1

crazedjustice888

I watched Shaolin vs. Lama for the first time a few nights ago. It was an AMAZING movie. I would like to add it to my collection when I get some money in.

Shaolin Temple Against Lama, I think thats the name, I want to watch it, but those weird looking costumes just keep me from doing it...:squigglemouth:

Shaolin vs. Wutang was AWESOME!!! One of my favorite Gordon Liu movies and I am still surprised they have not remastered it yet.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm

i would like to see a eng dub of shaolin v wu tang.

I agree Shaolin v Lama is one of my fav fu flicks. Also Abbott White is badazz..

• Like 1

hows Shaolin vs Evil Dead?

i remember seeing a clip one time and it actually looked good

and can a mod turn the title of this thread from Shaolin vs Lama to Shaolin vs _______ thread... it makes sense...i wanna find some more good Shaolin vs movies

• Like 1

I still need to hunt down "vs. Lama" in some halfway decent form on DVD. Maximum awesome in every fight scene, and the added bonus of that special kind of dub where everybody talks really funny.

Just how much other "vs" stuff IS out there, anyway?

• Like 1

I decided that for my first ever post in this forum i wanted to write up a quick review for one of my favorite films of all time.

Let's be honest with each other for a moment. Sometimes everyone needs to see a movie that appeals to them on every level no matter how much sense it may make. That is exactly what this movie is to a kung fu movie fan. The story is kinda out there and involves a young monk who happens to cross a young kung fu fighter trying to find someone who can beat him, and ends up being an enthralling slug fest featuring many different styles of kung fu. This movie although amazingly awesome is also pretty corny and as such has many memorable one liners, some of which you may be familiar with if you are a fan of the wu tang clan. Thats all i'm gonna say. If you are a kung fu fan you have no excuse not to watch this movie.

• Like 1