"13 STEP MAKI"

Guest Invincible Armour

Guest Invincible Armour

Etsuko Shihomi is very high level in this Femme Fatle classic , all fans of battling babes need to check out this wicked entry into the hall of fame of Japanese Martail Arts Classics..................

Untold Hate was committed to cellioud... be warned mild peril....ha ha ha ha ha

:eek

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

excellent film and one of those that needs to be out in a good version with subs. The actual translated title is Young Nobility: Maki's Thirteen Steps.

This is one of my favourite films - it deserves it's owmn thread!!! :)

Very cool action - and great use of the 'ol 'chucks!!!! Anyone that hasn't seen this NEEDS to watch it soon!!!

Now if only it'd get a DVD realease (with english subs!)

• Administrator

Yeah, even without subs it was literally entertaining from the first second! Loved this flick.

I Know It's Been A Long Time Since This Was Posted.

I am Looking For 13 Steps On DVD. Any Idea Where I Could Pick It Up ?

Thanks In Advance =D

I Know It's Been A Long Time Since This Was Posted.

I am Looking For 13 Steps On DVD. Any Idea Where I Could Pick It Up ?

Thanks In Advance =D

Yo!

You came to the right place, and I believe that I can point you in the right direction!!!! :wink:

Just to let ya know, i don't believe that there are any good copies floating about, and it doesn't have subs. If that doesn't bother you, then you're in for a cool Karate-action ride! :xd:

vlach5.JPG

Looking at the pic above, and reading the 'Japanese Film / English titles' makes me feel there there was indeed a subtitled release of this cool film.

If anyone knows any info on this, or if anyone has it and wants to sell it to me for an extortionate price then please feel free to hit me up! :xd:

BTW - does anyone know if this was ever released on VHS in Japan?

Cheers

Wow, nice bit of detective work there, WigSplitta!!

A subbed copy is out there somewhere?! Awesome!

Think quite a few Japanese films and TV shows have been shown in Hawaii over the years - someone on here once mentioned watching the Chiba-San The BodyGuard TV show - presumably subbed or dubbed - this, too, has never been seen again since! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

The 13 Steps print is from the Toei channel, of course, leading me to beleive it's not seen the light of day on VHS.

But I could be wrong!

I did subs for this one, but have had no time sync them up. I should get to work on this. I have some fiddling around to do with some film stuff, but, when that's done, I'm on the case!

I did subs for this one, but have had no time sync them up. I should get to work on this. I have some fiddling around to do with some film stuff, but, when that's done, I'm on the case!

HAZ......You da MAN!!! :bigsmile:

No rush for it of course. It's somthing really nice to look forward to for the future.

Cheers buddy.

I Know Japanese So A Copy With Subtitles Is Not Necessary.

I'm Just A Huge Fan Of Etsuko Shihomi And This Happens

To Be The One And Only Film I Have Yet To Own Or See.

Come on HAZ get with the program! You can't tell us you got Ice Cream and then not give us any! lol

Hi!

Just wondering - what do people have as the runtime for Maki?

Thanks!

1:17:51 NTSC for mine.

wigsplitta
Thanks. My runtime is 4 seconds longer. Going to start timing subs for this.

Hi HAZ,

Great to hear that this is moving on again :bigsmile:

I can confirm the following for my copies of Maki:

DVD - 1:17:51

AVI - 1:17:55

Was also wondering if you'd had any success using Sub Rip to re-time the subtitles. I didn't know about it until I started to work on another project this morning, but it allows subs to adjusted and compressed or stretched.

The below snaps show that I added 5 seconds to the overall timeline, and looking back through the whole srt, it looks quite good. The start stays the same, and the rest of the subtitles get auto adjusted very slightly throughout the whole file until the last lines are 5 seconds difference. I imagine that you've already tried it, or someone has pointed you towards it, but just thought I'd make sure. Possibly it could help sort out The Great Chase too.

This is just what I needed as the timeline i need to adjust by is 5 minutes, rather than 5 seconds!!!

subs3e.jpg

subst.jpg

Guest Cosmonaut

After seeing Sister Street Fighter I know that I absolutely must own this. Where is everyone getting their copies?

~cosmo

Neon Samurai

I still can't believe this movie was never released in the grindhouses in America and dubbed into English.

I still can't believe this movie was never released in the grindhouses in America and dubbed into English.

There was a 35mm print of it that was subbed which showed in Hawaii.

My absolute favorite Etsuko Shihomi film. Could one of you fine folk out there give me a brief story description for those of who are Japanese language impaired? I get the idea of it, but am unsure of the details (why the number on her chest; exactly who the villians are...). I'd really appreciate if one of you could shed a little light on it for me.

Archived