The Art Of Film Dubbing: Audio Interview with Ted Thomas

DragonClaws

Special huge thanks to Steve Ryfle for personally providing this to me, this was the original version that was intended to be released on the Media Blasters (now recalled) DVD of Godzilla vs. Megalon but was replaced with a static image of Thomas due to insufficient data/space on the DVD.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing this. Info on the dubbers is few and far between. It's also interesting to hear Ted's voice recorded post-1980s. What struck me is now that he's older his natural voice sounds remarkably similar to the aged up voices he'd put on when dubbing older characters.

On 03/02/2018 at 3:58 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Thanks for sharing this.

No problem, at one point he explians why you often get the same two words phrases repeated a lot. He didnt use the "But Still" one as an example, but it gives you a better appreciation of how hard it actually was, to dub a movie back then. Cant recall the source of this, so dont quote me anywhere, but I red an interview, it might have been with Ted Thomas?. Where the person said, the more they enjoyed a movie, the more effort they would put into the dub. It always stuck with me, unlike the source of the quote.

Archived