The Detective K Trilogy: Detective K (2011)/Secret of the Lost Island (2015)/Secret of the Living Dead (2018)

SMK

DESCRIPTION
In 2010, Tsui Hark brought us 'Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame', which starred Andy Lau. 2011 brings us the Korean film, directed by Kim Seok-Yun, 'Detective K'. Movie looks to have it all, comedy, fantasy, action, crime and much more. Have a look at the English subtitled trailer.

POINT OF INTEREST
0:48

MarsHarmony

This looks like a lot of fun, (I hope they don't hurt any of the dogs though). Sure hope it gets a US release.

Well Go USA has picked up North American rights to the South Korean period crime/action/comedy movie Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead.  It is the third movie in a trilogy about Detective K, a "nobleman, inventor and master sleuth Kim Min".  The series is set in late 18th century Korea during the Joseon dynasty.  The previous movies in the trilogy were Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow (2011) and Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island.  They are based on novels by the South Korean author Kim Tak-Hwan, who specializes in novels set in the mid to late Joseon Dynasty.  The first two movies are available as all-region DVDs but were not officially released in the U.S.  

"When a series of unusual murders occurs, Detective K (Kim Myung-min of Proof of Innocence) and his partner (Oh Dai-soo of Tunnel) are once again called upon to solve the case.  Along the way, he teams up with a beautiful woman (Kim Ji-won of Horror Stories) with amnesia and together they discover Vampire bite marks on all of the bodies."  Well Go USA give Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead a limited North American theatrical release on February 16, 2018.  This news is from http://cityonfire.com/well-go-usa-hires-detective-k-secret-of-the-living-dead/

Movie trailer - 

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 2

I'll just post a tiny comment regarding Detective K, The secret of the virtuous widow (I don't know if it's the real English title, I translated it from my French language dvd).

I'm currently watching it at this moment and I can't help but laugh almost every 10 minutes !!

• Like 2