Please help me identifying an old martial arts movie that featured Shaolin children

heep80

Hi,

I am trying to find out the title of a Hong Kong or Taiwanese martial arts movie I rented in a Chinese video store in my town when I was young. The version I saw was entirely in Chinese and didn't have any English title. I do think it had English / Chinese subtitles though. Might have been one of those Chinese-American tapes like Tai Seng or similar, but it might have been a Hong Kong imported tape too as they had lots of both. I am guessing the movie was from the early to mid-1980s, but that is just a guess, it might have been older, but I definitely don't think it was made after 1985. I don't remember much of the plot, except that the story took place inside a Shaolin temple or monastery consisting of all children. One of the practices they did was standing upside down on their heads or possible hanging upside down (don't remember). The VHS tape front cover also featured a photo of them upside down. At some point someone infiltrates the monastery and fights (and kills) all of these children.

Seems there was also a scene where a monk had some kind of marks (like dots) underneath his feet (sort of like the ones some monks have on their forehead), and someone grabs his foot and tears these dots or pearls or whatever they were, out of the feet, and this killed him I think. Maybe this particular scene was from another movie too, but I seem to recall it being from this movie I'm trying to find the title of.

Sorry if this is vague, but perhaps someone has any idea of what this film might be.

PS: It's not "Kids From Shaolin" (1984), already looked that one up.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived