The 1970 National Karate Championship (Video)

DragonClaws

At the end of this video, there are a few short clips of the Little Dragon, attending the 1970 Karate Championships with Jhoon Rhee.

Thanks to @greenbamboo a.k.a Nick Clark, for making me aware of this clip, he first posted about it over at his BL Forum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but havent clips of Lee handing out trophys at this event appeared in some documentaries?. Or am I mixing it up with another public appearance he made at a similar event?.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantom Dreamer

There's the clip of Bruce Lee handing a trophy to Joe Lewis, at a venue similar to the one in the clip, but he was wearing different clothes. Perhaps it was on a different day. Maybe this tournament was a 2 or 3 day event.

18 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

There's the clip of Bruce Lee handing a trophy to Joe Lewis, at a venue similar to the one in the clip, but he was wearing different clothes. Perhaps it was on a different day. Maybe this tournament was a 2 or 3 day event.

I've mixed up the even with the Joe Lewis one, though they must be from around the same time?.

Phantom Dreamer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Great clip, nice to see Jhoon Rhee sharing this footage with people.

Unlike that first clip, which I had never seen before, the second clip is more common. Jhoon Rhee and Bruce Lee did a photoshoot together in California, I wonder if any video was shot? Unlikely.

20 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Unlike that first clip, which I had never seen before, the second clip is more common.

Nice to see it wihtout the useal interview/documentary inserts.

Archived