Don Wilson's Beyond The Game: Expendables style project (Still active?)

DragonClaws

Since the release of The Expendables in 2010, Don Wilson has often talked about doing a simiar movie for former video stars of the 80's/90's. Here's a quote from an interview with the actor, that I posted in the Don Wilson appreciation thread.

I'm doing a B-movie called BEYOND THE GAME, and it's like THE EXPENDABLES. It has all the B-movie actors in it. I'm talking Olivier Gruner, Cynthia Rothrock, Richard Norton, Billy Blanks, and Michael Jai White, for example.

This project appears to have gone of the radar for now?, does anyone else here know if its still being considered?. There's a lot of recent movies that have packed in many names, from golden era of movie rental. Though I dont think any of them have really done the cast justice?. Love to see something with Billy Blanks, Michael Jai White, Richard Norton and Cynthia Rothrock in the same film.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Since the release of The Expendables in 2010, Don Wilson has often talked about doing a simiar movie for former video stars of the 80's/90's. Here's a quote from an interview with the actor, that I posted in the Don Wilson appreciation thread.

This project appears to have gone of the radar for now?, does anyone else here know if its still being considered?. There's a lot of recent movies that have packed in many names, from golden era of movie rental. Though I dont think any of them have really done the cast justice?. Love to see something with Billy Blanks, Michael Jai White, Richard Norton and Cynthia Rothrock in the same film.

Hey @DragonClaws, the movie Wilson is referring to wasn't one he was directing himself, but by Erken Ialgashen.  It's yet another entry in the 'cram as many 90's action B-movie stars into one movie as possible' effort from our buddies in Russia.

We covered 'Beyond the Game' over at COF in 2015 (http://cityonfire.com/expendables-esque-flicks-continue-with-beyond-the-game/), however like quite a few of these efforts from former USSR countries ('Blizhniy Boy: The Ultimate Fighter' is another one), it remains without a release beyond Russian language shores.

As per the standard for most of these flicks though, like 'Diamond Cartel' and 'Showdown in Manila', I expect each of the respective 'stars' screentime is limited to 5 - 10 minutes each.

It does have a few clips to laugh about on youtube - 

10 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Hey @DragonClaws, the movie Wilson is referring to wasn't one he was directing himself, but by Erken Ialgashen.  It's yet another entry in the 'cram as many 90's action B-movie stars into one movie as possible' effort from our buddies in Russia.

Id forgotten all about this, they've even crammed in Dan Seven as a referee. I was under the impression it was Don Wilson project, that was going to be made in the U.S.

10 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

We covered 'Beyond the Game' over at COF in 2015 (http://cityonfire.com/expendables-esque-flicks-continue-with-beyond-the-game/), however like quite a few of these efforts from former USSR countries ('Blizhniy Boy: The Ultimate Fighter' is another one), it remains without a release beyond Russian language shores.

Maybe we will get treated/mis-treated to a box set one day, featuring all these movie compiled into on budget MA set.

One Armed Boxer
On 1/27/2018 at 8:00 PM, DragonClaws said:

I was under the impression it was Don Wilson project, that was going to be made in the U.S.

I just realized after leaving a comment on your 'No Way Back' thread, that perhaps the movie you were thinking of when you posted here was 'Blood Raid', which did sound like it was going to be an Expendables style adventure with Wilson at the helm.

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

just realized after leaving a comment on your 'No Way Back' thread, that perhaps the movie you were thinking of when you posted here was 'Blood Raid', which did sound like it was going to be an Expendables style adventure with Wilson at the helm.

Thats the one, I don't think he's mentioned this project at all since 2014?.

Archived