The Outlaw Johnny Black (2023) - Crowdfund Michael Jai White's "Spiritual Sequel" to Black Dynamite!

DragonClaws

Look's like Black Dynamite 2 is back on hold, did anyone remove the video clip/teaser I incuded in the first post?

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws

While Black Dynamite's on hold, this looks like its going to be a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if this feature will have any Maartial Arts based action or not?, so it might need to be moved to anohter forum?.

xnfoodq3uiemdpegnsom.jpg

• Like 1

So while Black Dynamite looks to be homage to Blaxploitation...I'm guessing this may be "Black Dynamite in the Wild West"? He's even doing the same pose from BD but replace the nunchaku with dynamite LOL :P I'm so in for this one!

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

This movie is actually being crowdfunded, and will be first fan-funded flick produced and distributed completely outside of the studio system under Jai White's new production company, Jaigantic Studios.  Check out the below Indiegogo campaign to make a contribution (I just pledged for the Blu-ray) - 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-outlaw-johnny-black-movie-action#/

• Like 5

Looks funny. Made me think of those old Bud Spencer / Terence Hill movies.

The last I had heard of this is how it made very little money from the crowd funding. And the campaign page now confirms it only garnered 3% of the full amount sought.

But nice they managed to move forward with it regardless.

Edited by Agent U
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
On 8/21/2023 at 4:48 PM, AlbertV said:

He rides into town on September 15! 

The first trailer did nothing for me, but then I'm not a huge fan of Black Dynamite. This trailer was MUCH better and I'll definitely be checking it out. Some decent gags in this one.

ShaOW!linDude

Ordered this from Amazon as an Xmas present to myself and watched it last night.

It's a good movie, but I don't know that fans will be psyched about it after watching it. I'm a huge fan of Black Dynamite, which was both funny and action packed, and was expecting something along those lines to a certain extent, considering this is Western.

Sadly, this venture is light on the action and the comedy. Oh, there are moments. Most of the action is gun play with only a couple of short MA styled fights. There's more on the comedy front, which is situational. It has some oddball characters, but there isn't a lot done with them. Honestly, the premise of the movie is a comedy goldmine, but some of it just doesn't work, and there were a lot of missed opportunities for some big laughs. I snickered here and there a time or two, and I think I only laughed out loud twice.

The hand-to-hand scenes are short bursts of action with some nice flourishes, only one of which showcases any of Michael Jai White's bootwork. I expected a few more throwdowns, but they just weren't forthcoming.

I will say that I really enjoyed the tone of the film. It has that classic Sergio Leone Western feel to it. And there are some homage moments to classic Western comedies.

It's definitely worth watching, and I encourage you to do so. Like I said, it's a good movie. But save your pesos and wait to catch it when it's streaming.

• Like 2