Bruce Lee True Story (Man & Myth)

shukocarl

1 hour ago, shukocarl said:

Can someone tell me who was the fight choreographer?:wondering

Bruce Siu Leung's father, Leung Siu-Chiang, was the actioner director according to the HKMDB.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

I found on youtube a Mandarin version, which has an additiontial Bruce/Betty kissy scene - whilst the English versions try and suggest they are just "good friends"

• Like 6

On 27/01/2018 at 10:17 AM, Killer Meteor said:

I found on youtube a Mandarin version, which has an additiontial Bruce/Betty kissy scene - whilst the English versions try and suggest they are just "good friends"

I wonder if any versions contain the fight scene, at the New York docks?. The image appears on a lot of Lobby Cards for the movie, maybe it was just a promotional still. Started a thread on this subject, but I think it was lost?, when we suffered technical problems with the forum.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm

can you point me to this version on youtube please?

• Like 3

Cognoscente
On 1/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, Killer Meteor said:

I found on youtube a Mandarin version, which has an additional Bruce/Betty kissy scene - whilst the English versions try and suggest they are just "good friends"

Perhaps the Western distributors didn't want to agitate Linda Lee and those who believed that Bruce was too faithful.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
29 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

Perhaps the Western distributors didn't want to agitate Linda Lee and those who believed that Bruce was too faithful.

I read somewhere that Linda vetted the script of the US dub. Interestingly (or not!) on the UK VHS, Bruce's conversation with Betty is from the US dub, but on the US video, it's been replaced by the original HK dub, with Ted Thomas as Bruce! The latter dub makes specific reference to Betty's "husband"

• Like 2

Cognoscente

Very interesting. It sounds like something I had read by Wong Jing. He had tricked the local censors into approving a cut version of Raped by an Angel 2, but he secretly released the uncut version. This was easy for him to do since the distributor was Jing's Production Limited.

Back to the Bruce biopic, it's weird that we never got to see George Lazenby portrayed. It would have been funny for someone to cast Peter Archer and give him a fake moustache.

• Like 2