Can anyone confirm Zatoichi abroad series??

Guest wanchaitransient

Guest wanchaitransient

Sorry to sound like I'm out of my mind(I really am by the way), but any centuries ago in 1985, I had a Japanese writer friend who showed me a bunch of scripts titled Zatoichi vs the Gunfighter in the mid 70's for Japanese tv. The scripts were to take place in the 1800's wild west California and the series shown in Japan. Something about him finding the killer of an important Japanese merchant, some stolen priceless statues belonging the Shogun's men could not retrieve , Zatoichi being trapped in a boat by the Shogun's men, yak yak yak, a trip to the Wild West, yadda, yadda, yadda and an Argentian aristocrat, some Indians some nonsense I can't remember and I didn't understand the guy's English to comprehend what the actual stories were about because I spoke worse English than he did. Can anyone confirm if the scripts he showed me were real or was I taken for a long ride? He offered to sell me the scripts for a very cheap price, but I wasn't interested in the offer back then. I just couldn't accept the fact that Zatoichi could even survive in the wild west, without a gun. It wouldn't work and I didn't believe it. Refusing and regreting, that's the story of my life. I asked the guy if he wrote the scripts. He said no but it sounded like something he would write. Did Shintaro Katsu ever plan to write Zatoichi abroad scripts? Does anybody happen to have the scripts?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived