The White Dragon (2004)

Iron_Leopard

Who's seen this movie? Ive got a "Video CD" version that a friend got for me years ago in Singapore when it first came out. I remember only watching about 30 minutes of it and not being very impressed. I just now went to put this in my PS3 to give it another try but it won't play for some reason.

So I'm looking for opinions if this movie is good enough for me to buy another version so I can actually watch it.

Also am I remembering correctly that this was a comedy more than an action movie?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You remember correctly. And unfortunately the first fight scene is by far the best of this otherwise forgettable movie. There are some good ideas (how to transfer martial arts knowledge, for example) but in general I don't think it's a must-have, not even a should-have, even for wuxia fans.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:46 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

I just now went to put this in my PS3 to give it another try but it won't play for some reason.

PS3 will not natively play VCDs. You will need a different media player to play VCDs.

The VCD file have to be transcoded into a format that the PS3 could read.

I have that movie on DVD but I cannot recall if I ever watched it as I do not remember anything about it.

12 hours ago, thekfc said:

PS3 will not natively play VCDs. You will need a different media player to play VCDs.

The VCD file have to be transcoded into a format that the PS3 could read.

I have that movie on DVD but I cannot recall if I ever watched it as I do not remember anything about it.

Oh ok. I was wondering why instead of showing the dvd it was showing files. 

Archived