Sammo Hung & Takashi Miike Join Forces For 2018 Action Comedy.

DragonClaws

Thanks to the Kung Fu Movie Guide, for the head's up on this one.

I never saw this collaboration coming, it's going to be fun to see how this one turns out. Two very unique icons of the Martial Arts/Action genre, teaming up together. Fantastic way to kick off the New Year.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A collaboration with Takashi Miike and Sammo Hung starring the leads from Gintama and Blade of the Immortal???

tenor.gif

16 hours ago, AlbertV said:

A collaboration with Takashi Miike and Sammo Hung starring the leads from Gintama and Blade of the Immortal???

19 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

best news i read in ages. 

I thought more people would be hyped about this, cant imagine how its going to turn out.

One Armed Boxer

Hmmm, I'm not sure how much I trust the initial tweet.  A Japanese director working on a movie with Japanese actors, but it's going to be a Chinese action comedy?  Sounds more like a Japanese movie that Sammo's going to be working on than the other way around.  Curious to see how this will work out, both are strong creative voices, so here's hope they find a synergy with each other rather than cancelling each other out.  Both Miike and Sammo have found themselves invovled in some duds in recent years, but if the stars align, this could be great.

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

A Japanese director working on a movie with Japanese actors, but it's going to be a Chinese action comedy?  Sounds more like a Japanese movie that Sammo's going to be working on than the other way around.

Out of interest, which would you prefer? Sammo working on a Japanese movie, or Takashi Miike working on a mainladn Chinese film?.

What the what? Mind blown! Never knew, never dreamt there would/could ever be a Sammo Miike hookup. Someone pinch me please, not sure this is a dream or what. But, if I do wake up and find this is not a real "thing", gonna be extremely disappointed! Hoping for the best out of this situation. Interesting and cool either way it turns out.

One Armed Boxer
On 07/01/2018 at 7:48 PM, DragonClaws said:

Out of interest, which would you prefer? Sammo working on a Japanese movie, or Takashi Miike working on a mainladn Chinese film?.

I would say the combination of outlandish themes & aesthetics that Miike usually produces, paired with the Mainlands strict censorship laws & guidelines that need to be adhered to, we should all be hoping that this is going to be a Japanese movie.

On 13/01/2018 at 10:29 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

I would say the combination of outlandish themes & aesthetics that Miike usually produces, paired with the Mainlands strict censorship laws & guidelines that need to be adhered to, we should all be hoping that this is going to be a Japanese movie.

Fingers crossed, otherwise we could have anohter contender for worst movie of the year. If this project really gets off the ground, it might not even hit cinema until early 2019?.

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

If this project really gets off the ground, it might not even hit cinema until early 2019?.

Yeah I'd say early 2019 would be the very earliest. For a start, I'll wait until the movie has an actual title before having faith that this is even going ahead.

Archived