Chiba's Executioner 1 & 2

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Adness is releasing these two Chiba classics on Oct. 11th as a 2 disc set. Havent seen either but did see the trailers on the last Adness Chiba release (Shogun's Shadow). Look loke Streetfighter-esque explotation action flix. Any comments or reviews of either would abe appreciated.

Executioner 1 & 2

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest biomorph

saw the second one also,and its insane.much more juvenile than the first.chiba urinates on a guy that catches fire to put him out.the fights are shot better,lots of wide angles that show the moves.i honestly didnt think much of chiba until i searched out his non-streetfighter work,but he's pretty good,lots of acrobatic moves,etc.

it doesnt compare to the moves of today,but for back then,he was pretty hot.my girlfriend even likes him,because he's so eccentric.

Guest kungfusamurai

That's great! I have the Crash Cinema english dubbed version of 1, which is good, but the print is so bad, and it looks like there are cuts. Hopefully the print Adness is to use will be completely uncensored. I prefer this style of filming the fight scenes than the shakey close-ups that mar some of his other flicks like the Mas Oyama films and the Sister Streetfighter flicks.

KFS

Guest mike robert

I love the first Executioner film it is my all time favorite Sonny Chiba film. Haven’t seen the Executioner 2 yet except via the trailer included on the latest Adness Chiba release Shogun's Shadow. The second film looks like it is even crazier and more over the top then the first film.

Guest biomorph

The fights in the oyama flicks that you saw,were they widescreen or fullscreen?because even though most of his stuff is handheld,if its widescreen and not cropped for a fullscreen look,you should see the moves better.

Guest kungfusamurai

Even in widescreen, they do the crazy extreme closeups with the shakey cam with those Oyama films. I prefer the wideshots of the first two SF movies (I can't remember if the third is shot the same way), The Executioner, and the Karate films with Tadashi Yamashita.

KFS

Guest Dion Brother

EXECUTIONER 2 is frigging horrible. No action, just bad comedy. I think Adness is amking a huge mistake releasing it. Sad, because EXECUTIONER is my favorite Chiba movie. But the sequel is a waste of time.

Guest kungfusamurai

That might be why they're selling the two films together. Hopefully it'll be a two for the price of 1 and a half or so, if 2 is really sucky. I was disappointed with Karate For Life. Not much fighting in that one, so it would have been better as a bonus disc in a set with the first two Oyama flicks.

KFS

Archived