The Cutting Room Floor: Lost, Censored & Deleted Bruce Lee Movie Scenes (Article)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
On 04/04/2018 at 7:46 PM, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

I'd assume it's an alternate/extended shot of Cheng and his uncle getting into an actual fight (in the factory scene that happens right after Cheng's happy night drunk out in the cathouse).

The following image is from the first post in this thread, it looks like it's connected to the last image/photo we talked about.

d44b0a4b50a5b4a3c91f91c84173951f.jpg

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
On 4/7/2018 at 7:28 AM, DragonClaws said:

The following image is from the first post in this thread, it looks like it's connected to the last image/photo we talked about.

d44b0a4b50a5b4a3c91f91c84173951f.jpg

Only a guess, but it could be that it takes place shortly before the big brawl in the factory (and first fight involving Cheng directly).

• Like 1

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Only a guess, but it could be that it takes place shortly before the big brawl in the factory (and first fight involving Cheng directly).

Makes sense, they might have been rehearsing the scene before the cameras rolled. A scene can change a lot between rehearsals and actual filming.

DragonClaws

9691921a057e2b93814030ef3a5f4706.jpg

Recently posted the above shot in the BL Picture thread, is this just an alternative angle, for the clip where Mr Lee gets slahsed across the stomach?. Or is it a peice of choreogrpahy that never made it into the film?. Apart from the sequence I mentioned, I don't remember a clip like this in the fight. That said, it sometime since I watched the movie.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
9 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Recently posted the above shot in the BL Picture thread, is this just an alternative angle, for the clip where Mr Lee gets slahsed across the stomach?. Or is it a peice of choreogrpahy that never made it into the film?. Apart from the sequence I mentioned, I don't remember a clip like this in the fight. That said, it sometime since I watched the movie.

I certainly don't remember Shih Kien making big leaps in the air, but as I also haven't watched ETD in a while, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
53 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

I certainly don't remember Shih Kien making big leaps in the air, but as I also haven't watched ETD in a while, I could be wrong.

My thoughts exactly, then again, the photographer could have taken the shot from a lower point than the actual film camera's?.  Making it look like Mr Han is leaping higher than he actually is. Guess they got a stunt double in, for any trampoline work etc, for Shek Kien. Lee already has the slash across his stomach, so that scene must have already been filmed, when this shot was taken?.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 11/04/2018 at 7:21 PM, DragonClaws said:

9691921a057e2b93814030ef3a5f4706.jpg

Thats probably Lam Ching Ying,who doubled Shieh kin,maybe just alernate angle or ng shot?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
On 17/04/2018 at 1:08 PM, thehangman said:

Thats probably Lam Ching Ying,who doubled Shieh kin,maybe just alernate angle or ng shot?

Yeah, the photogrpahers would have been takn shots from all kinds of angles too. Unlike the 35mm film camera shots, that were fixed at certain places.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Interesting that, in the photos and brief footage we have of this scene, how emotionless Cheng looks.

BvoFhkO.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Interesting that, in the photos and brief footage we have of this scene, how emotionless Cheng looks.

Or he's just pre-occupied with the thought of facing the boss and his men in a life and death struggle?.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Or he's just pre-occupied with the thought of facing the boss and his men in a life and death struggle?.

There are quite a lot of things going in his mind, yes. I'd wager there not much reason for him to express emotion about, since just about everyone he cared for was quite literally butchered.

DragonClaws
10 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

There are quite a lot of things going in his mind, yes. I'd wager there not much reason for him to express emotion about, since just about everyone he cared for was quite literally butchered.

He has the same expression, while he's outside the brothel, considering if he's going to enter or not.

Maybe he was disgruntled becuase he just missed the HAPPY HOUR discounts.

Cheng outside the brothel, during his second visit.

OggOJRI.jpg

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

He has the same expression, while he's outside the brothel, considering if he's going to enter or not.

Maybe he was disgruntled becuase he just missed the HAPPY HOUR discounts.

He has more than enough money to remain in the cathouse for an entire week.

What do you believe he is thinking about throughout the entire sequence?

DragonClaws
3 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Pretty much what other people have said in the past, he's probably pre-occupied with having to deal with the Boss, and maybe face his own mortality, earlier than he expected to. Looks at the sign, and figures he mght get the chance to be with a woman ever again.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Pretty much what other people have said in the past, he's probably pre-occupied with having to deal with the Boss, and maybe face his own mortality, earlier than he expected to. Looks at the sign, and figures he mght get the chance to be with a woman ever again.

The chick on the other hand seems more than willing to give herself full to the dragon, if her smile in the trailer is of any indication. Think there might've been any dialogue between both in the sequence?

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
22 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

He has more than enough money to remain in the cathouse for an entire week.

Maybe he is having second thoughts and considering the village might not have a readily available supply of penicillin.

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 minute ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Maybe he is having second thoughts and considering the village might not have a readily available supply of penicillin.

I'm sure Cheng received training in his Shaolin monasty to specifically avoid contracting some nasty warts when performing a basic biological function.

DragonClaws
17 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Think there might've been any dialogue between both in the sequence?

Personally I dont thin there would have been, but having never seen the longer print, who knows?.

18 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

if her smile in the trailer is of any indication.

She will have smiled at all her customers that way I guess.

I wonder how long the scene with Nora Miao ran for?, the sequence were he picks up the prawn crackers. There must have been some dialogue between the two?. With these scenes included, it would build up the tension for the finale. Rather than cutting straight from the river scene, to Cheng racing down the road to Mi's mansion.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Personally I dont thin there would have been, but having never seen the longer print, who knows?.

Cheng would've talked about his suicide mission, and the lady supports him because the Boss took away her innocence. That goes without saying he makes a woman out of her in bed, lol.

7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I wonder how long the scene with Nora Miao ran for? The sequence were he picks up the prawn crackers. There must have been some dialogue between the two?. With these scenes included, it would build up the tension for the finale. Rather than cutting straight from the river scene, to Cheng racing down the road to Mi's mansion.

I would guess that, when the original director was still around, Nora Miao was originally intended as Cheng's (Or maybe Hsiu Chien's) love interest. Chiao Mei was always meant to be a sisterly figure.

And talk about tension! The Hong Kong audiences from the Big Boss' theatrical debut certainly were not expecting to see their hero visiting a brothel for physical/emotional comfort, all the while his love interest is held waiting at the villain's compound.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
23 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Cheng would've talked about his suicide mission, and the lady supports him because the Boss took away her innocence.

He gets  a free bag of prawn crackers for his troubles.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

He gets  a free bag of prawn crackers for his troubles.

True to that. Btw, check your messages!

DragonClaws
13 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

True to that. Btw, check your messages!

I dont have at the moment, according to my notifications.