The Cutting Room Floor: Lost, Censored & Deleted Bruce Lee Movie Scenes (Article)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

I wonder how many exterior scenes were filmed in Macua for Fist of Fury?.

BL722.jpg

BL721.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
On 7/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, Cognoscente said:

You're welcome. But let's not forget the Temple of the Unknown forum...

Thats a link to the Bruce Lee Lives forum, I thought the Temple of The Unknown forum had now gone?.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 7/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, Cognoscente said:

You're welcome. But let's not forget the Temple of the Unknown forum...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bucketheads/?sid=1e757bec3ec59a0ed9c314d83234deed

I've just up-dated the main article, and added the Fist of Fury information you pointed me towards. Along with a few other minor alterations.

• Like 2

Coliseum1972

Had a dream about alternate BB , strangely enough no missing real scenes but instead :

-outside waiter scene where a customer complains and hilarity ensues (typical Chinese comedy scene prolly) , prolly one of Cheng's relatives worked there

-the villain might've been norwegian , in one scene someone gave him 2 stacks of krone bills , total 1000 krones (in '71 that was a bit of money)

-at the end there was a feast/banquet food happening with dancing , maybe they celebrated the villain had been killed ?

-for some reason this version wasn't allowed to show Thais as bad guys

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2021 at 7:17 AM, Josh Baker said:

I would LOVE that to be the case coz I am a MASSIVE McCartney fan and finding out he is/was fan of Bruce Lee movies would make my day

I've never heard about McCartney being a Bruce Lee fan (though that would be cool), but there is kind of an odd picture of Chuck Norris throwing a sidekick at Paul, looks like it was from maybe the late 70s; maybe Paul had asked Chuck if it was true that Bruce could've beaten Chuck up!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bruce said:

I've never heard about McCartney being a Bruce Lee fan (though that would be cool), but there is kind of an odd picture of Chuck Norris throwing a sidekick at Paul, looks like it was from maybe the late 70s; maybe Paul had asked Chuck if it was true that Bruce could've beaten Chuck up!

Whered you find that pic? Do you have it on you?

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Deleted scene?, or an existing sequence photographed from an alternative angle?.

Marshal Arts, Bruce Lee Martial Arts, Bruce Lee Photos, Tv Icon, Martial Arts Workout, Enter The Dragon, Water Me, King Of Kings, Kung Fu

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

(1st Image) - Rehearsing for the ice factory fight, note the gold watch.

(2nd Image) - The same sequence as it appears in the finished film.

BL3562.jpg

BL3065.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 6

On 7/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, DragonClaws said:

Deleted scene?, or an existing sequence photographed from an alternative angle?.

Marshal Arts, Bruce Lee Martial Arts, Bruce Lee Photos, Tv Icon, Martial Arts Workout, Enter The Dragon, Water Me, King Of Kings, Kung Fu

Deleted scene. You can see it being shot in the Making Of Enter The Dragon footage, it's a sequence where Bruce fakes a front kick, turns it into a low twisting/inverted kick, then flips it over into a front leg round kick to the head, I always wondered why it wasn't included in the movie. I suspect that Robert Clouse (who didn't know squat about martial arts), like Brett Rattner directing Jackie Chan, felt American audiences wouldn't want or be able to appreciate too much martial arts action.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 8:32 PM, DragonClaws said:

Does the below sequence appear in current versions of The Big Boss?. Originally posted by @Cognoscente, in the Bruce Lee Picture thread.

https://www.36styles.com/kungfufandom/uploads/monthly_2021_07/10547082_284001918454131_1022630508344579234_o.jpg.02484cf033dc8f9771f97c9496913a5f.jpg

Doesn't it take place when the workers yell at the manager in order to know where is James Tien or the other missing workers and Bruce tries to calm them ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Doesn't it take place when the workers yell at the manager in order to know where is James Tien or the other missing workers and Bruce tries to calm them ?

It's after James Tien's character death at the Boss's house. It the scene where the workers  led by Lee Kwan, start to revolt against their boss's.

19 hours ago, Bruce said:

Deleted scene. You can see it being shot in the Making Of Enter The Dragon footage, it's a sequence where Bruce fakes a front kick, turns it into a low twisting/inverted kick, then flips it over into a front leg round kick to the head, I always wondered why it wasn't included in the movie. I suspect that Robert Clouse (who didn't know squat about martial arts), like Brett Rattner directing Jackie Chan, felt American audiences wouldn't want or be able to appreciate too much martial arts action.

Thanks for confirmthing this @Bruce.

Yeah, I'd noticed that sequence in the making of. Just hadn't connected it to that paticular photo. Makes you wonder how much Warner wanted to take out, to make it fit there movie model and what they felt audiences wanted back then. I dont think they were fully sold on having an Asian star.

• Like 3

There's an alternative take, of a short fight sequence from the finale in Enter the Dragon. Featured in the below Ahna Capri 8-MM video. This footage occurs at 17-mins 7-secs to 17-mins 17-secs.

There's a more complete look at this footage, in the up-coming issue of Eastern Heroes magazine.

Link- https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1929720077201265&set=a.108536295986328

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
37 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone know what object Ahna Capri is holding in her hands, in the below picture?.

BL3455.jpg

Dude, you yourself posted a vid above showing her holding a leatherbound folder, hardbound booklet/menu type thing.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Dude, you yourself posted a vid above showing her holding a leatherbound folder, hardbound booklet/menu type thing.

I wasn't sure if that was just her copy of the Enter the Dragon script, in some of the Jesus Bajo video pictures?. Or if it was an actual prop featured in a scene?. John Saxons character receives a lot of gifts/items, like the other guests.

There's shots of Bruce Lee and John Saxon on the exact same room set, going through a copy of the movies script. The image I posted is on an actual cut sequence, not a behind the scenes photo. Some of the pictures of her in the Jesus Bajo video, might just be behind the scene shots from this scene?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2