All Men Are Brothers: Blood of the Leopard (1993)

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

What's your take on this one? A rare remake better than the original? Or another new wave waste of time? 

• Like 2

• Administrator

I haven't seen it since it came out, but based on memory, I thought it was decent, though nothing exceptional. I'd say it's worth worth watching, definitely not "a waste of time". Though I own the DVD, I've yet to re-watch it.

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard
On 1/3/2018 at 8:46 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

I haven't seen it since it came out, but based on memory, I thought it was decent, though nothing exceptional. I'd say it's worth worth watching, definitely not "a waste of time". Though I own the DVD, I've yet to re-watch it.

Which DVD version do you have? Tai seng?

• Like 2

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Next time I descend into the underground depths of the Temple of the Dragon Monkey (where my movie collection is contained, protected by deadly booby-traps) I will take a look.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

The Mei Ah DVD release from way back when.

Don't you love the spelling on the front cover? :xd:

20180105_150739.jpg

20180105_150748.jpg

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard
7 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Don't you love the spelling on the front cover? :xd:

20180105_150739.jpg

20180105_150748.jpg

Yes. I also love that face Elvis is making on the front cover lol.

• Like 3

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Yes. I also love that face Elvis is making on the front cover lol.

To me, that face says "I fear a laopard attack!" :tongue:

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Man, I kinda miss those slightly over-sized Mei Ah DVD cases, you could always tell if you were looking for one of their titles on the DVD shelf, as the box would be jutting out copmared to everything else.

• Like 3

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Man, I kinda miss those slightly over-sized Mei Ah DVD cases, you could always tell if you were looking for one of their titles on the DVD shelf, as the box would be jutting out copmared to everything else.

So true. Plus, Mei Ah's use of the blue DVD cases makes them stand out too if you aren't looking at them dead on. I have plenty of them still. Even for titles that I bought updated (usually anamorphic widescreen) releases of, I kept many of the originals too. After several instances of replacing titles, only to later discover the "newer better" release was a different edit, lacked the original soundtrack, etc, I decided to hang on to most of these old, original DVD releases.

@One Armed Boxer have you seen this film?

How about you other guys and gals out there- anyone else have some feedback on the film? Would love to hear some more opinions on it.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 1/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

@One Armed Boxer have you seen this film?

I haven't, and considering my love of early 90's new wave wuxia (which pretty much peaked in '93!), I'm as shocked at my response as you probably are.

(opens a new tab and types in 'amazon.com') 

• Like 4

On 03/01/2018 at 6:10 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

Or another new wave waste of time? 

This type of movie exists? I mean, not all of them are all-time classics, but most of them are fun and imaginative. The only ones that seem to be universally hated from what I can gather are the lesser-known ones like Three Swordsmen.

• Like 5

Iron_Leopard
38 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

This type of movie exists? I mean, not all of them are all-time classics, but most of them are fun and imaginative. The only ones that seem to be universally hated from what I can gather are the lesser-known ones like Three Swordsmen.

I'm actually a big fan of early 90s new wave. But from what I've seen I've either really loved or really hated. Not much in between. 

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard
On 6/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, Cognoscente said:

The director, Billy Chan Wui-Ngai, is on the left to Tony Leung Ka-Fai in #364 of City Entertainment.

364 ce.jpg

I wish there was a release of this movie that looked as good as this photo. I mean maybe there is a version on dvd that has great picture quality but I haven't seen it yet.

• Like 4

I have it since ages, but still haven't watched it, or if I did, I don't remember a single image nor line of the plot !

And I remember to have been very disappointed with The three swordsmen, mainly because it was so difficult to read the subtitles (white on white, of course...:bs_firey:) that I couldn't enjoy the movie, and I don't remember it either...

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard
31 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I have it since ages, but still haven't watched it, or if I did, I don't remember a single image nor line of the plot !

And I remember to have been very disappointed with The three swordsmen, mainly because it was so difficult to read the subtitles (white on white, of course...:bs_firey:) that I couldn't enjoy the movie, and I don't remember it either...

Just looked up The Three Swordsman and saw its cast. How can a movie starring Bridgette Lin, Andy Lau, and Elvis Tsui be universally hated?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Just looked up The Three Swordsman and saw its cast. How can a movie starring Bridgette Lin, Andy Lau, and Elvis Tsui be universally hated?

I should revisit it and let you know...Did you watch it ? Maybe that if I watch it on the computer, it will be easier to follow it...when I'll have a while...

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, ShawAngela said:

Oh yes, this is one of the worst offenders of the white subs disappearing frequently!

On 6/27/2021 at 12:42 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

I only watched it once myself, but despite that cast I recall it being a boring mess.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 1/8/2018 at 10:20 AM, DrNgor said:

The only ones that seem to be universally hated from what I can gather are the lesser-known ones like Three Swordsmen.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:42 AM, Iron_Leopard said:

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I only watched it once myself, but despite that cast I recall it being a boring mess.

'Three Swordsmen' isn't all that bad. It's not one of the finest wuxias out there and decidedly lightweight, but as @Iron_Leopard mentioned with a cast like that it's hard not to enjoy. I reviewed it last year over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/three-swordsmen-1994-review/

• Like 4