Rumble in 2018: What Movies are You Looking Forward to?

DragonClaws

Drunken Monk
9 minutes ago, robbie said:

Personally  a guy being dragged and twirling on a wire looks bad in action films.  I get no enjoyment from it. Sorry . Like any idea there is always gonna be some people  who buy into it. (Not many judging by how popular this site is. )

I think this goes beyond your hatred of wire-fu. It's now become a question of why you simply must state this opinion in every single post you make on here. It's utterly bizarre how fixated you are.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I think this goes beyond your hatred of wire-fu. It's now become a question of why you simply must state this opinion in every single post you make on here. It's utterly bizarre how fixated you are.

O.k will only speak about proper martial arts films in future .

As far as martial arts films are concerned , just  going by  trailers ,  only jailbreak and triple threat look any good so far.

Vengeance could be good but nothing as been shown on it.

whitesnake

After finding this action-packed trailer only this morning, I'd like to see The Hidden Man from director Jiang Wen.  It's adapted from a wuxia novel by Zhang Beihai, and is third in Jiang Wen's 'gangster trilogy', following Let the Bullets Fly and Gone With the Bullets.  "A young swordsman in 1930s China returns home to try and solve a five-year-old murder case."  Cast includes Eddie Peng, Jiang Wen (the director), Liao Fan (Let the Bullets Fly), Zhou Yun (Bodyguards and Assassins), and Xu Qing (the Hidden Sword).  The Hidden Man will be shown at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival on September 7, 2018.

Here's the TIFF trailer -

DragonClaws
On 4/18/2018 at 9:18 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I'm also looking forward to the new James Lee film, Kill-Fist.

It may have a silly title but it seems like the film is going to be a modern homage to the kung fu films of the 80's. The promo stills already show someone breaking out some old school mantis fist. On top of that, the director says there are ten fight scenes in the film. That's a shitload of action. If you have each fight scene lasting at least five minutes, that's fifty minutes of kung fu!

The film is independent and super low budget so I don't know what kind of release it's going to get. But hey, I'm excited whenever anyone decides to hark back to the kung fu films of yesteryear.

Searched for a thread devoted to this movie, but this was the only result that came up.

Kill-Fist (Review)

Link- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/kill-fist-james-lees-new-martial-arts-thriller-is-a-lesson-in-pain-and-punishment/

Archived