Rumble in 2018: What Movies are You Looking Forward to?

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Three months in 2018, anyone found out about some new titles, that's sparked their interest?. Or have you caught a movie you were looking forward to, only to discover it was a dud?. Apat from the lst Kickboxer movie, which I realy enjoyed, I'm still awaiting Triple Threat like many other fans. Also looking forward to pikcing up Accident Man at last, when it hits local store shelves this Monday.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might just being funny, but i kinda want to see what the heck this is going to be like. Did anyone see this yet?

798Muoi                                                       Not sure it is my most looked forward to though.

In all seriousness though hopefully a few will be good like:

Triple threat

Invincible Dragon

Wolf warrior 3- if keeps getting better

Kung fu Big league

The hidden sword

Ipman 4

I'm sure there is more. but off top of head, whether they will be good is yet to be determined though.

ShaOW!linDude
21 minutes ago, slinky#1 said:

798Muoi                                                       Not sure it is my most looked forward to though

Dustin Nguyen? I'm in. The action doesn't look that great over all, but his scenes looked promising to me. And some of the comedy had a hint of some nice slapstick. I'm down.

DragonClaws
23 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’ve added Ip Man 4 to my list. I’m looking forward to see where they take the series.

It'll be interesting to see who they get into face Ip Man, in the big finale.

The Debt Collector and Daughter Of The Wolf are two more additions to my list of titles to look forward to this year.

Drunken Monk

I'm also looking forward to the new James Lee film, Kill-Fist.

It may have a silly title but it seems like the film is going to be a modern homage to the kung fu films of the 80's. The promo stills already show someone breaking out some old school mantis fist. On top of that, the director says there are ten fight scenes in the film. That's a shitload of action. If you have each fight scene lasting at least five minutes, that's fifty minutes of kung fu!

The film is independent and super low budget so I don't know what kind of release it's going to get. But hey, I'm excited whenever anyone decides to hark back to the kung fu films of yesteryear.

I'm also looking forward to the new James Lee film, Kill-Fist.

I'm sold, hopefully comes out good.

I'm excited whenever anyone decides to hark back to the kung fu films of yesteryear.

Yes please. This so needs to happen, nothing has been as good.

DragonClaws

Intrigued to see how the Zara Phythian's picture Transit 17 will turn out, its was a title that has gone under the radar. It will be nice to see the actress get more screen time, and chance to show more of what she can do Martial Arts wise. Might be another title to add to the Sci-Fi themed Martial Art movie list, at some point in the future?.

DragonClaws

Just got through listening to the last Kung Fu Movie Guide pod-cast, featuring Alain Moussi.  According to Alain, he's set to start making a movie later this year titled Jiu-Jitsu, which will hopefully lead to anohter franchise. Great episode of the show, certainly worth listening to, for fan's of Martial Arts cinema.

Drunken Monk

Assuming it gets a release this year, Zhang Yimou's new wuxia film, "Shadow," could really be something special. I'm excited for a trailer.

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Assuming it gets a release this year, Zhang Yimou's new wuxia film, "Shadow," could really be something special. I'm excited for a trailer.

Do we have a thread for this one @Drunken Monk?.

After reading @One Armed Boxer recent review of The Debt Collector, I'm now looking foward to seeing this on BR/DVD, when it arrives in the U.K.

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I don't believe we do.

Ok, I was just going to check it out if we had one.

One Armed Boxer
5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

After reading @One Armed Boxer recent rview of The Debt Collector, I'm not looking forard to seeing this on BR/DVD, when it arrives in the U.K.

Thanks DC...but I really hope you mean 'now' rather than 'not'!

DragonClaws
4 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Thanks DC...but I really hope you mean 'now' rather than 'not'!

Post amended, I certainly did mean to say 'Now' rather than 'Not'.

The Hidden Sword is the only thing on my radar for this year, though, technically, a film from last year. I hate having to wait to see some of these titles as I tend to forget about them after a while. Of course, if Ip Man 4 comes out this year then that will also be on my list to see. Otherwise, too many generic-looking films for me coming out of HK/China. Nothing like the old days when almost every movie was a jaw-dropper. 

Drunken Monk
4 hours ago, reason108 said:

The Hidden Sword is the only thing on my radar for this year, though, technically, a film from last year. I hate having to wait to see some of these titles as I tend to forget about them after a while.

I find it bizarre that Xu Haofeng's films don't even get a Chinese release. "Judge Archer" and "The Final Master" only seemed to be released in the US. Odd.

52 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I find it bizarre that Xu Haofeng's films don't even get a Chinese release. "Judge Archer" and "The Final Master" only seemed to be released in the US. Odd.

I don't .Anything done by the guy who did grandmaster will be boring . Final master is terrible film with slow and dull action. .  Hidden sword looks pretty bad. The action seems to be a bit slow,  and lacks any display of power from watching trailer . Watched pay day  and accident man recently. This jesse v johnson guy is probably best at moment if want to see a more brutal style of action. i am looking forward this year to not being suckered in to buying  any hong kong wirefu  recommendations off here  . Maybe will watch ip man stuff only from hong kong as long as they keep wirefu to a minimum. 

Drunken Monk
31 minutes ago, robbie said:

This jesse v johnson guy is probably best at moment if want to see a more brutal style of action.

He hasn't really done enough for me to like or dislike him yet. "Accident Man" was enjoyable but "Savage Dog" was awful. Once he's put out a few more films, I'll probably settle on whether I rate him highly or not. I'll admit, I'm very excited for "Triple Threat." 

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, robbie said:

I don't .Anything done by the guy who did grandmaster will be boring . Final master is terrible film with slow and dull action. .  Hidden sword looks pretty bad. The action seems to be a bit slow,  and lacks any display of power from watching trailer . Watched pay day  and accident man recently. This jesse v johnson guy is probably best at moment if want to see a more brutal style of action. i am looking forward this year to not being suckered in to buying  any hong kong wirefu  recommendations off here  . Maybe will watch ip man stuff only from hong kong as long as they keep wirefu to a minimum. 

Oh boy, the song remains the same, let's no derial this thread and turn it into the, why I hate Wu-Xia/Wire-Work thread.

ShaOW!linDude
48 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Oh boy, the song remains the same, let's no derial this thread and turn it into the, why I hate Wu-Xia/Wire-Work thread.

Then do not engage. Keep scrolling along. That's what I'm doing.

19 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Then do not engage. Keep scrolling along. That's what I'm doing.

22 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

He hasn't really done enough for me to like or dislike him yet. "Accident Man" was enjoyable but "Savage Dog" was awful. Once he's put out a few more films, I'll probably settle on whether I rate him highly or not. I'll admit, I'm very excited for "Triple Threat." 

Savage dogs  I quite enjoyed but not really a good film. I also liked  Jesse v johnsons film the package. The butcher also had some good action in it.  

I just think I like normal action films and is a relief to see them.Bought the ones considered shit on here like wolf warriors, close range, hard target 2 and preferred them by a mile to  ur top ones on here . . I think  wirefu/wuxia are like Oscar films .They are  are ones that critics tell u to enjoy but most people  find dull and boring and stick ROCKY IV back on instead. 

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yes, this place is awful full of ignorant, snooty wire fu lovers who wouldn't know good action if it bit them on the ass. And yet here you, hanging on, like a sad barnacle, just grabbing on, spreading your judgemental and negative energy like a spreading cancer. Kinda pathetic, don't you think?

BEAT-TAKESHI-SONATINE.jpg

26 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Yes, this place is awful full of ignorant, snooty wire fu lovers who wouldn't know good action if it bit them on the ass. And yet here you, hanging on, like a sad barnacle, just grabbing on, spreading your judgemental and negative energy like a spreading cancer. Kinda pathetic, don't you think?

BEAT-TAKESHI-SONATINE.jpg

Personally  a guy being dragged and twirling on a wire looks bad in action films.  I get no enjoyment from it. Sorry . Like any idea there is always gonna be some people  who buy into it. (Not many judging by how popular this site is. )

Archived