Should we have a Golden Harvest section?

Iron_Leopard

Arent we disrespecting Golden Harvest by not giving them their own section on the forums? 

Seems like we are suggesting it's Bruce Lee and Shaw Brothers. And then there is everybody else.

Aren't they just as legendary as Shaw Brothers?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

More so, in my opinion. But I believe I once commented on this, too, and was essentially told it was unnecessary since there was a section already dedicated to Shaw Bros. 

While it would great to see a Golden Harvest section, its divides the forum up even more. Where do you draw the line? when people suggest a seperate setion for other studios/subjects such as heroic bloodshed.

One Armed Boxer
On ‎24‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 5:11 AM, Iron_Leopard said:

Arent we disrespecting Golden Harvest by not giving them their own section on the forums? 

Seems like we are suggesting it's Bruce Lee and Shaw Brothers. And then there is everybody else.

Aren't they just as legendary as Shaw Brothers?

I agree they're just as legendary as Shaw Brothers, but like @DragonClaws states we don't want to spread the discussion out too thinly, especially when we already have overlap as it is.

If I remember correctly the Shaw Brothers section was introduced back when the Celestial IVL releases were still in full swing, and 3 - 4 titles were hitting DVD every month (those were the days!), which resulted in the existing forums being drowned in Shaw threads, so it was decided to give them their own forum.  Of course times have changed since then, but there still appears to be enough Shaw specific discussion going on to warrant them having their own forum.

Archived