The Heroic Ones (1970)

Guest Cesare

On 2/27/2009 at 5:45 PM, Cesare said:

No, seriously... Given the fact that old Li was grief-stricken and out of his mind at that time... Whatever decree the old patriarch was reported to have come up with, Chiang's character may not have found the whole idea that absurd. You could argue that he kind of overestimated father's authority and influence. He obviously held his adoptive dad in high regard and - being an honest, good, filial son - the idea that other sons (let alone biological ones) may not share that sort of sentiment was probably beyond the bounds of his imagination...;-)

Where is it mentioned that David Chiang is only Ku Feng's adopted son ? And that some of the other sons weren't Ku Feng's biological sons ?

On 9/18/2007 at 6:00 AM, Guest Cesare said:

the actors were fantastic (Ku Feng in particular

I didn't like Ku Feng's character, here.

What ? A father who doesn't fight when they are assaulted in the burning palace and let his beloved and favorite son fight alone dozens of guys and being killed in order to protect him without even trying to help him and just looking at what happens with his eyes wide opened ??!!

I should revisit the movie because, even if I watched it at least thrice is maybe 20 or 30 years, there are some holes in what I remember of it, but if I'm not mistaken, except drinking, Ku feng didn't do much in this movie, and I don't remember either to have seen him fighting.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
26 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

'The Heroic Ones' being advertised in Korea, 1970 - 

175861101_3991018764275310_1642698727273542619_n.jpg.620f1441581c117948027520623e21b6.jpg

Who's that suppose to be on the poster?

Are they playing up James Nam's character and adding a beard?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
3 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

As good a reason as any, promote the local talent!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Who's that suppose to be on the poster?

I think so. If I am not mistaken, James Nam is Korean and was big in the homeland before he did Shaws years later. So for them to advertise it was to reach out to more Korean audiences who knew Nam as a singer. I love this picture!

• Like 2