Kibakichi

Guest june

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

JK! Hey June, I have both "Bakko Yokaiden Kibakichi" (aka Kibakichi) parts 1 and 2. I have only gotten around to seeing the first installation though. Its a period Samurai/Yokai film that has a old dusty western (cowboy) feel to it. The action is mostly Samurai swordplay with some fun fantasy Yokai elements thrown in here and there. If you are familiar with the Yokai rubbersuit monster films then you know what I mean. The action is well done and the acting was decent as well.I thought it was a fun flick and deffinitely worth a watch. I also enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the flim. I gave it a 8/10. (IMO)

ShaOW!linDude

Bumping this thread.

I bought this today at a MovieStop for $6 used.

The last post here is almost 6 years ago. Wondering if anyone else has seen this since.

daisho2004

This was a review I did already and posted it on here:

Kibakichi:

Sword-swinging werewolf Kibakichi gets caught in a battle of good against evil in this action-packed horror tale. Raised on raw meat in a land populated by monsters, Kibakichi sets out on a quest to see if he can find any goodness or compassion in humans. During his dangerous journey, he encounters ghostly monsters, man-eating skeletons and geisha who transform into giant spiders.

Kibakichi: #2

Kibakichi is a Yokai, a shape-shifter who can transform himself into a beast at will. Forced to go underground after leaders attempt to wipe out his kind, Kibakichi wanders from town to town as a lone samurai. His travels lead him to a small village where he helps a blind girl and the rest of the townspeople as they seek revenge on a homicidal madman. But someone from his past is spying on him -- an old enemy who means to do him harm.

These are technically Samurai movies with a Monster twist to it, I wasn't sure what to expect when I 1st. heard of these movies but after watching them I really enjoyed them, they had good stories to them, and I actually think pt.#2 was even better as far as action and a storyline goes. The writers plan on doing a series of these movies with the same character, and I for one would be looking forward to watching them again.

DeathFuMaster

I watched the first one years ago on one of the movie channels. I actually own the second one, but have never watched it. The first one was a good flick though!

ShaOW!linDude

Thanks, guys. Cool. I took a chance on it so hopefully I'll enjoy it as you both seemed to.

I had checked it out on Amazon after I got home with it. The consensus seems to be that the 2nd is better than the 1st.

I liked it...the transformation was a nice throwback to the classic air bubbles and change-o-hands rather than crappy CGI and some nice stunt work during the climatic fight as well.

Archived