Silver Roc. Most powerful fighter in Shaws history?

Iron_Leopard

Well, I can't say offhand whether he was the best fighter in the catalogue. I would have to give that some serious thought, and there are plenty of Shaw films I have yet to view anyway. However, of the films I have seen, I certainly remember him as one of the most cold-blooded and merciless. 

It is interesting to note that the motivation behind his behaviour, in true Chang Cheh style, was unrequited love for a woman - Golden Swallow.

• Like 4

I know there are hundreds of powerful characters in these Shaws movies but for some reason I got a sense that Silve Roc is practically unbeatable. Maybe it was Jimmy's performance that really sold me on this character being invinciable.

I'd also like to add I just saw this movie for the first time tonight. She may share the name of the character in the first movie but it's not her in this movie. She went from a bad ass to a damsel in distress by the end of this flick. Kind of messed up if you ask me.

But question for everyone. If it's not Silver Roc then who would you pick?

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
6 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

She may share the name of the character in the first movie but it's not her in this movie. She went from a bad ass to a damsel in distress by the end of this flick. Kind of messed up if you ask me.

It's still the same character, she's just been Chang Cheh-ified.

6 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

But question for everyone. If it's not Silver Roc then who would you pick?

Silver Roc vs. Mighty Peking Man....it's a tough call.:tongueout

• Like 5

TibetanWhiteCrane

In th early 80's Shaw characters started flying and shooting laser beams from their palms, not sure ol' Silver Roc can keep up with that.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 6

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

In th early 80's Shaw characters started flying and shooting laser beams from their palms, not sure ol' Silver Roc can keep up with that.

Good point. Could Silver Roc survive the animated, rotoscopped power of the mighty Budda's Palm? Not likely... :tongue:

• Like 7

One Armed Boxer

Many say that if Silver Roc had chopped one of his arms off he would likely have survived until the end, and there could have even been a 'Golden Swallow 2'.  Of course it's all conjecture only.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

It's still the same character, she's just been Chang Cheh-ified.

I couldn't have said it any better. :laugh

• Like 4

On 3/27/2022 at 1:31 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

This thread is hilarious. One of my favorites lol.

Not quite yet to the level of the Stand by Me with the argument between Mighty Mouse and Superman, but getting there,:)

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2017 at 12:28 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Exactly. The descendant of the sun or something?  Or stick to hands on shaws

• Like 3