The Video Game Thread

DiP

Yggdrasil
55 minutes ago, laagi said:

In case you fine folks missed this ;) I couldn't resist and had to pre-order it! Let's hope they deliver.

Lots of pressure and that's probably an understatement for a first time studio. Then there's the entire allegations but for now I just wanna enjoy this game!

I saw the trailer of that a couple of years ago and I thought that game is the dogs nads.

Never got the game though.

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Then there's the entire allegations but for now I just wanna enjoy this game!

Yeah yeah yeah the game blah blah.....................................dem allegations..............................

will-and-grace-happy.gif

Posted (edited)

I was quite worried during early stages of the 4K remastering process. But the final result... Astonishing!!! Can't wait to see the 4K remaster of the second game, and hopefully a remake of the third game in the same exact classic 2D fashion.

Edited by DiP

5 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yeah yeah yeah the game blah blah.....................................dem allegations..............................

will-and-grace-happy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Never got the game though.

This will release this august 20th...

J.J. Hayden

Speaking of my childhood, I'm looking forward to defeating an old foe on the SNES when I take a break soon, UN Squadron. I could get to the 2nd to last stage, but never further. I loved anything to do with planes and tanks etc. (like all boys :P) and this game was full of them.  I also loved the art style of this game, not knowing then that it was something called Anime :P

But the thing that effected me most was the music, my god was it awesome. It was just more inspiration for me to learn guitar, in fact I left guitar lessons after a few weeks because I was playing this music, while they wanted us to stick to skip-to-ma-loo :P Any of these tracks would sit nicely on any Satriani or Steve Vai album. The Japanese guy playing it really knew how to bring the tracks to life.

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
12 minutes ago, Agent U said:

It's been a while since I've played this genre.

Uncharted eat your heart out.

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Uncharted eat your heart out.

I can't help but feel it should be third person like Uncharted and Tomb Raider The first person view just doesn't feel right for Indiana Jones.

Capcom is releasing several of their old fighting games as collections.

They've previously released a collection with Street Fighter games, and another mostly with Darkstalkers games.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

PandaPawPaw

Oh gawd they're going to start costing as much as mobile bloody phones!

I'm really not a fan of all this Pro/upgrade shit. Just release a console and stick with it for a good while and then when it starts getting too old, release the next one. Like they used to.

:P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Oh gawd they're going to start costing as much as mobile bloody phones!

I'm really not a fan of all this Pro/upgrade shit. Just release a console and stick with it for a good while and then when it starts getting too old, release the next one. Like they used to.

:P

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
13 minutes ago, laagi said:

He was getting on my nerves in that video as he kept saying he can't see a difference! The Pro is clearly sharper in image! That drink or whatever it is he keeps shilling out must of fucked his eyesight up! :P

Not that this makes the Pro worth upgrading but if he's going to bitch about it then be accurate at least.

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

He was getting on my nerves in that video as he kept saying he can't see a difference! The Pro is clearly sharper in image! That drink or whatever it is he keeps shilling out must of fucked his eyesight up! :P

Not that this makes the Pro worth upgrading but if he's going to bitch about it then be accurate at least.

For £700, it's a complete waste of money. Especially for me as my PS5 is still unwrapped and I bought it during covid, lol.

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, laagi said:

That's a lot of Doubloons! :P

3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

For £700, it's a complete waste of money. Especially for me as my PS5 is still unwrapped and I bought it during covid, lol.

You could buy a Pro and lets say hypothetically that you change your mind and send it back but then you realise you sent the Covid PS5 back accidentally.

It could happen............................................

wink-eye-wink.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That's a lot of Doubloons! :P

You could buy a Pro and lets say hypothetically that you change your mind and send it back but then you realise you sent the Covid PS5 back accidentally.

It could happen............................................

wink-eye-wink.gif

Yep. Accidentally on purpose.

• Like 1

At that price, might as well just game on PC.

Especially now that most PS games make their way there anyway (even if a couple of years later).

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

23 minutes ago, Agent U said:

At that price, might as well just game on PC.

Especially now that most PS games make their way there anyway (even if a couple of years later).

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

That's what's been holding me back to buy either the PS5 or XBOX Series X. There's literally NO interesting exclusive titles for either one. There's a few titles in the pipeline but that's it! There's really no reason whatsoever to buy a new console at the moment IMHO.

• Like 1

The base roster for Dragon Ball Sparking Zero has been leaked, and it's huge: over 100 unique characters, and over 180 playable forms.

Even if it's an anime fighter, it's actually quite the surprise to see such a large starting roster in a modern game.