The Video Game Thread

DiP

All starting characters, their default costumes, and stages in Tekken 8:

Tekken Ball showcase:

First chapter in Story Mode:

A former Dead or Alive director is on the team, which may explain why Tekken 8 suddenly has stage gimmicks like DOA.

• Like 1

Official story trailer for T8:

The game also has a demo, already available in PS5 and next week on XBOX and Steam.

The last time I recall looking forward to a new Bandai Namco release was SoulCalibur VI. But 2024 is looking promising with this also DB Sparking Zero (aka DB Budokai Tenkaichi 4):

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone a big fan of the point-and-click adventure genre? I'm four months late but I just found out that the first two Broken Sword (the first game for now) games are getting remastered for a second time. This time, they will feature clearer audio of the original voice recordings, sound effects, and music score, enhanced high-definition graphics of the classic 2D animation all upscaled in 4K, and the remasters are based on the original versions of the games (the 2010 remasters has additional gameplay content, which was just awful).

In addition, a sixth installment is currently in development titled Broken Sword: Parzival's Stone. In all honesty, the franchise lost its' appeal for me after Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon (good story but completely in 3D, which had OG fans divided at the time). I have yet to complete Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse. But I remember part 1 out of 2 being decent but nothing that stood out or brought back the nostalgic feel of the first two games.

Verdict: I look forward to the 4K remasters of the classic games but have mixed feelings overall about where the franchise is heading now. Let's see how it goes in the future. But I no longer have any hope if they keep churning out sequels in 3D.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1

Tekken 8 is almost here, and it's looking glorious.

I'm in the middle of other games, which I want to finish, so I won't be getting and playing this at launch, but intend to in the next couple of months. 

it will be my first fighting game on the new gen. 

They had people from Dead or Alive working in this game, so far more stage transitions and gimmicks than usual in the Tekken series. 

• Like 1

DarthKato
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Some of these are a real WTF especially that last game! :o

Some of these are really bad, but to be honest, the more he talked about Dead or Alive Xtreme, the more I wanted to play it. lol 

This is the DOAX playlist he was talking about, if anyone is curious: DOAX 

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Some of these are really bad, but to be honest, the more he talked about Dead or Alive Xtreme, the more I wanted to play it. lol 

This is the DOAX playlist he was talking about, if anyone is curious: DOAX 

Wow DOAX VR is weird/creepy as heck! Don't get the appeal of that myself..............

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

OK maybe I do..........

Isn't there an option in the DOA games where you adjust the bounciness or something?

• Haha 1

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Wow DOAX VR is weird/creepy as heck! Don't get the appeal of that myself..............

OK maybe I do..........

Isn't there an option in the DOA games where you adjust the bounciness or something?

They were especially bouncy in the first game. The option would most likely be in the Japanese versions as they do prefer that sort of thing, which western countries kick up a stink about it and have it toned down or removed.

• Like 1

Omni Dragon
4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

They were especially bouncy in the first game. The option would most likely be in the Japanese versions as they do prefer that sort of thing, which western countries kick up a stink about it and have it toned down or removed.

The North American and European versions did have a 'Bouncing Breast' option on the first game for PlayStation and Sega Saturn.

bb.png.2423f8ccc60e83533d1c008a27e1776f.png

bb2.png.0408b9994280be453cec329965126858.png

Edited by Omni Dragon
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 11:11 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

OK maybe I do..........

As someone who played DOA5:LR not that long ago, I felt slightly dumbfounded when I got an on-screen prompt saying I had unlocked an 'OMG' breast motion setting 😂

As a girl, I really take no issue with that, I actually found that setting funny. Just feel the guys should have better jiggle physics too, it's only fair 😅

Some people just seem so offended by sex and sex appeal these days. It's hypocritical imo to be on DOA's case for their sex appeal, while raving about Mortal Kombat's gratuitous extreme violence and gore.

(Btw, I had never heard of most of those 'most controversial videogames', so not sure if the outrage was real)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
26 minutes ago, Agent U said:

Just feel the guys should have better jiggle physics too, it's only fair 😅

d70a6ed653a5631610a1ebbb2e8e295d.gif

Make it happen Team Ninja! Do it for @Agent U! :D

• Haha 1

Omni Dragon
6 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

d70a6ed653a5631610a1ebbb2e8e295d.gif

Make it happen Team Ninja! Do it for @Agent U! :D

Is that the new character model for Bass in DOA 7?

• Haha 2

Well, tbh Bae Man (er... I mean Bayman) and Jann Lee are long time videogame crushes 😄 But most guys in DOA are nice to look at.

Something comendable is how DOA features many different body types: skinny (Elliott), beefy (Bass) and even for muscular guys there's lean bodies (Hayate/Ein), bulky (Bayman, Leon) and ripped physiques (Jann Lee, Hayabusa, Diego, Rig).

Now compare that to Tekken 8...

everyone-is-jacked-v0-d6ornra32lec1.jpeg

Edited by Agent U

PandaPawPaw
On 1/28/2024 at 7:55 PM, Agent U said:

Well, tbh Bae Man (er... I mean Bayman) and Jann Lee are long time videogame crushes 😄 But most guys in DOA are nice to look at.

Something comendable is how DOA features many different body types: skinny (Elliott), beefy (Bass) and even for muscular guys there's lean bodies (Hayabusa, Hayate/Ein), bulky (Bayman, Leon) and ripped physiques (Jann Lee, Diego, Rig).

Now compare that to Tekken 8...

everyone-is-jacked-v0-d6ornra32lec1.jpeg

We do three sizes. Big, Bigger and Biggest! Would you like Roids with that?

• Haha 1

DarthKato
13 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That's pretty cool! Nintendo should give him a real one.

I agree. That's an incredible use of imagination. 

• Love 1

14 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That's pretty cool! Nintendo should give him a real one.

Human ingenuity will never cease to amaze!

• Love 1

Yggdrasil

Fingers crossed, 1; my new console will arrive soon, and 2; hoping it does as it's supposed too.

Pre-ordered a console in 2022 which can supposedly play all region PSX games. I want to play Xenogears, Parasite Eve and namely Raging Lagoon. A Japanese only release of a racing rpg. Flash your lights to initiate a race, win the bet and upgrade your car.

Supposedly, the console would search for an non official English translation fansub of the game and let you play that instead.

It all sounds so promising, but we've been deceived before.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Demo is out now and it's a big one, it's 48GB for the PS5.

Also if you complete it, you can skip that portion when the main game comes out in Feb 29th.

Drunken Monk
On 1/8/2024 at 12:13 AM, DiP said:

Anyone a big fan of the point-and-click adventure genre? I'm four months late but I just found out that the first two Broken Sword (the first game for now) games are getting remastered for a second time. This time, they will feature clearer audio of the original voice recordings, sound effects, and music score, enhanced high-definition graphics of the classic 2D animation all upscaled in 4K, and the remasters are based on the original versions of the games (the 2010 remasters has additional gameplay content, which was just awful).

In addition, a sixth installment is currently in development titled Broken Sword: Parzival's Stone. In all honesty, the franchise lost its' appeal for me after Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon (good story but completely in 3D, which had OG fans divided at the time). I have yet to complete Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse. But I remember part 1 out of 2 being decent but nothing that stood out or brought back the nostalgic feel of the first two games.

Verdict: I look forward to the 4K remasters of the classic games but have mixed feelings overall about where the franchise is heading now. Let's see how it goes in the future. But I no longer have any hope if they keep churning out sequels in 3D.

I'm not a gamer these days. At all. So I rarely visit this thread. But I was a Point and Click super fan back in the day. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it was my favorite genre of game. It helps that my mum raised me in a household with puzzles and brain teasers constantly within arm's reach.

Broken Sword I absolutely adored. I was so excited when I saw this post as I had no idea they were making a comeback. Sadly, I don't have anything close to a gaming PC these days or I'd buy this when it gets released.

• Buddha Bless You 1

14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm not a gamer these days. At all. So I rarely visit this thread. But I was a Point and Click super fan back in the day. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it was my favorite genre of game. It helps that my mum raised me in a household with puzzles and brain teasers constantly within arm's reach.

Broken Sword I absolutely adored. I was so excited when I saw this post as I had no idea they were making a comeback. Sadly, I don't have anything close to a gaming PC these days or I'd buy this when it gets released.

I know people who grew out of gaming so it's understandable. It's all about life circumstances and maintaining interest while aging. I've managed to keep my interest in gaming all these years. However, I must say that I mainly play retro games (1990s and up to late 2000s games) and few new games though.

Great to see a fellow point-and-click fan though! I'm currently playing through Broken Sword and will get to the sequel as well as other games such as the first three Monkey Island games, the first two Gabriel Knight games, and Indiana Jones & Fate of Atlantis.

PandaPawPaw

I've been playing Kirby's Dream Course. Trying to complete each stage in few as possible moves is a pain in the buttocks!

But when you do get it right, it's so satisfying! :D