Help figuring out the title of a movie

williedyna

Please forgive me, as I am new to the sight.  So if this is posted in the wrong spot, blame it on a middle aged man who doesn't have a facebook page.

The movie in question was watched some time around 1984, it appeared to be older than that.  I'm sketchy on the details, I was 8 or 9, and it was more than 30 years ago.

The protagonist wants to be a master assassin, and must defeat the other master assassins, I believe 10 in all, to gain their knowledge or (degree).

He does this with out much trouble, but keeps hearing stories about the 10th degree guy.  Namely, (the 10th degree guy) cuts off his arms and legs in order to be granted audience with the lord/emperor(?)

And even though he gets there sans arms and legs he still manages to kill the emperor.

It's finally revealed they guy breaths fire to kill.   Our protagonist survives, defeating the 10th degree guy.. and wins Gold?  but blacks out at the end of the fight.  He wakes up in a hospital bed, happy to be alive and asking about the gold.. when he is told he has much of the gold remaining.. they needed to spend lots for his new body.  And then they pull back the sheet so the audience discovers, at the same time as the protagonist that he is just a head attached to a computer/machine.  which looked like a cardboard box painted silver with a bunch of lights on it.

I hope you can help me.  Oh and if anybody has a copy for sale, and accepts paypal.  Please let me know.

thank you

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it on WXXA TV 23 .. Albany NY area-- the had a special Saturday morning Kung Fu theater. All Asian actors. Maybe made in the 60's.  But I believe it it more likely made in the early 70's.

You never see the armless/legless guy fight. The protagonist, (I think, long time ago). Rushes the 10degree guy and the screen is filled with flame. So there is no real fight scene. Then the protagonist wakes up in the hospital.

3 hours ago, odioustrident said:

You might be talking about Fearless Fighters.

Maybe, but not sure how a head attached to a machine/computer would fit in to Fearless Fighters. Sounds like it could be a Japanese film?

I don't think that's it.  However, it is very much in the style, and time period.  And I see how you made the connection with the weapon mastery building.. using one weapon to defeat the next person up the chain.   But with out the guy ending up as a head attached to a computer because his body was burned by the final dude... can't be it.

Though now I want to see fearless fighters lol..  movie looks like it kicks ass!

-- and Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Archived