The Kung Fu Forum Guide to Classic Kung Fu

DrNgor

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Does your friend post on this forum by any chance?.

Nah. He has a fanzine called Xenorama that's pretty cheap on Amazon. I have reviews/articles contributed to the past five or six issues.

• Like 3

On 11/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, DrNgor said:

Nah. He has a fanzine called Xenorama that's pretty cheap on Amazon. I have reviews/articles contributed to the past five or six issues.

Cool, keep us up-dated on any of your future projects/idea's.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 2:05 PM, DragonClaws said:

The Ultimate Guide to Plly Shang Kwan movies?.

Thanks for taking the time to credit the authors @DrNgor.

No problem! Sorry for not doing it in the first place.

As for the next project, I'll let you all know as soon as I start working on it. Now I'm just raising the resources.

So my friend from the Xenorama magazine was kind enough to organize the file, give it a cover, print it, and send me a copy. So I have the guide on paper in my own house:

1553544481215-756401736.jpg

1553544461160181208159.jpg

• Like 4

DragonClaws
8 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

So my friend from the Xenorama magazine was kind enough to organize the file, give it a cover, print it, and send me a copy. So I have the guide on paper in my own house:

8 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

As for the next project, I'll let you all know as soon as I start working on it. Now I'm just raising the resources.

Thats cool, are the reviews credited to the individual's who wrote them?. Remember when we were going to do a book?, with @masterofoneinchpunch showing interest at one time too, then the Mutual Reviews really got started, and this PDF/Book came out much later.

Look forward to seeing what your next project turns out to be.

A number of people on the forums have mentioned to me, they are working on Martial Arts related film books at the moment.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, DragonClaws said:

Look forward to seeing what your next project turns out to be.

After starting a couple of projects that haven't quite gelled with me, I have a new project that makes a bit more sense. I'll be posting my progress here.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, DragonClaws said:

Remember when we were going to do a book?

Yeah, I had considered doing a guide to Taiwanese films, but that was sort of torpedoed by the Kung Fu Fandom Guide that's posted here. At this point, I there isn't much to write with regards to film guides. I'd have to have the connections to do a biography of sorts, or discover a long-forgotten kung fu film industry in Brazil and cover that.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Yeah, I had considered doing a guide to Taiwanese films, but that was sort of torpedoed by the Kung Fu Fandom Guide that's posted here.

It could still be done, the guide is great, but its by no means a definitive/in depth look at Taiwanese Kung Fu films. There's a lot more movies still to be covered, than whats listed in the book. Of the last ten movies I've reviwed, around six of them must be Taiwanese. Review I posted since this digital forum book was compiled.

Dont quote me, but I think Toby Russell was going to do a book on Taiwanese cinema?.

8 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

Is there any way to get this back up for people to grab? Links sadly don't work.

I second that! Can we get reup of the link?

Bless

• Like 2