The Kung Fu Forum Guide to Classic Kung Fu

DrNgor

I haven't started on it yet. I've been busy resolving other things (since I do most of the compiling during my lunch hour at work).

• Like 5

On 10/02/2018 at 5:20 PM, DrNgor said:

I haven't started on it yet. I've been busy resolving other things (since I do most of the compiling during my lunch hour at work).

Looking forward to seeing the finnished version, did you include many reviews from the monthly mutual reviews threads?.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
On 2/10/2018 at 12:20 PM, DrNgor said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see my review of Image of Bruce Lee included on the PDF. In fact I actually had forgotten I even wrote it at all! :laugh

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Looking forward to seeing the finnished version, did you include many reviews from the monthly mutual reviews threads?.

I did indeed. The review section, including the Mutual Review threads, was the first place I raided for reivews.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I did indeed. The review section, including the Mutual Review threads, was the first place I raided for reivews.

I noticed you'd inlcuded my review of Vengeance, I'll be adding another Chang Cheh title to the monthly reviews this month, Boxer From Shantung.

• Like 2

Okay, here's version 1.2 (or 1.3), with *SOME* of the authors attributed. We are talking 900+ reviews, so it'll take a little while. But at least you all know that it is underway.

Edit: the authors are mentioned in an index at the end.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3

On 27/02/2018 at 1:18 PM, DrNgor said:

Okay, here's version 1.2 (or 1.3), with *SOME* of the authors attributed. We are talking 900+ reviews, so it'll take a little while. But at least you all know that it is underway.

Edit: the authors are mentioned in an index at the end.

Here's version 1.4 with more, but not all authors attributed (I'm working on that).

The Kung Fu Fandom Guide to Classic Kung Fu.pdf

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Arw you adding more reviews with each update? Just curious.

A few here and there. Sometimes as I try to find the author of a review, I come across something that I hadn't included. I just noticed, for example, that I don't have a DIRTY HO review up in. In a few cases, I swap reviews if I come across something a little more substantial as well.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Here's version 1.4 with more, but not all authors attributed (I'm working on that).

Nice to hear you are working on it @DrNgor, I cancelled sending Richard Harrsion and the Ninja Squad round to obtain the book of ultimate KF Movie Knowledge.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I cancelled sending Richard Harrsion and the Ninja Squad round to obtain the book of ultimate KF Movie Knowledge

I'm not sure about that...at this moment, the book has a measly 900+ reviews. :)

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
20 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I'm not sure about that...at this moment, the book has a measly 900+ reviews. :)

Would it be reasonable to post reviews (be it from this very forum or externally) of movies that haven't been documented on the KF Fandom Guide yet?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Would it be reasonable to post reviews (be it from this very forum or externally) of movies that haven't been documented on the KF Fandom Guide yet?

Post them in the regular review forum, or in the "What Was the Last Classic Kung Fu Movie You Watched" thread and I'll pick them up there (or if it's a Brucesploitation flick, in the Brucesploitation review thread), or if it's a Shaw flick...

When I finish including the authors, I'll do a last run and add those.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
26 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Post them in the regular review forum, or in the "What Was the Last Classic Kung Fu Movie You Watched" thread and I'll pick them up there (or if it's a Brucesploitation flick, in the Brucesploitation review thread), or if it's a Shaw flick...

When I finish including the authors, I'll do a last run and add those.

I kind of worded that wrong. I mean to say would it be reasonable to post links to reviews from and outside the forum in this thread so it could be included in the guide. My bad.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

I kind of worded that wrong. I mean to say would it be reasonable to post links to reviews from and outside the forum in this thread so it could be included in the guide. My bad.

Ah, sure. Feel free! The more comprehensive, the better.

• Like 2

Okay, here's version 1.5. I added reviews of "Magic of Spell" and "Bruce Takes Dragon Town," plus I have the authors mentioned for letters A-N, U-Z, and bits and pieces in between. I should have it all finished in about a week.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 6

DragonClaws
21 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Okay, here's version 1.5. I added reviews of "Magic of Spell" and "Bruce Takes Dragon Town," plus I have the authors mentioned for letters A-N, U-Z, and bits and pieces in between. I should have it all finished in about a week.

Glad to hear its coming along nicely @DrNgor.

• Like 1

Okay, I submit to you all version 2.0, which has all the authors listed, plus a few new ones, too. Enjoy!

I want to thank those members of the board whose reviews can be read in this, including, but not limited to:

@DragonClaws; @ShawAngela; @masterofoneinchpunch; @One Armed Boxer; @ShaOW!linDude; @paimeifist; @NoKUNGFUforYU; @Gaijin84; @teako170; @Morgoth Bauglir; @TibetanWhiteCrane; @venoms5; @KenHashibe; @Secret Executioner; @Alex; @shaolintemple; @CrazyFrog; @AlbertV; @Writ; @LuFengLover; @Lady Jin Szu-Yi; @the moose; @Killer Meteor; @Tex Killer; @Fist of the Heavenly Sky

The Kung Fu Fandom Guide to Classic Kung Fu.docx

• Like 5

Now I'm off to another project in the HK cinema field/area/topic/theme/whatever!!!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Now I'm off to another project in the HK cinema field/area/topic/theme/whatever!!!

The Ultimate Guide to Plly Shang Kwan movies?.

Thanks for taking the time to credit the authors @DrNgor.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The Ultimate Guide to Plly Shang Kwan movies?.

Thanks for taking the time to credit the authors @DrNgor.

No problem! Sorry for not doing it in the first place.

As for the next project, I'll let you all know as soon as I start working on it. Now I'm just raising the resources.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Hows your next Asian movie related project going @DrNgor?.

I'm not up to much right now. I contributed some chapters/write-ups to a friend's book about kung fu movies. As soon as it's ready, I'll post a link.

I don't know if/when I'll do another review compilation.

I want to do a collection of essays next year covering 50 years of HK/Chinese action design from CHINESE BOXER to the present. I might start that next year.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2018 at 2:30 PM, DrNgor said:

I want to do a collection of essays next year covering 50 years of HK/Chinese action design from CHINESE BOXER to the present. I might start that next year.

Look forward to reading this @DrNgor.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:30 PM, DrNgor said:

I'm not up to much right now. I contributed some chapters/write-ups to a friend's book about kung fu movies. As soon as it's ready, I'll post a link.

Does your friend post on this forum by any chance?.

• Like 1