Film Restoration Poll

TheKungFuRobber

Film Restoration Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which film should be restored first?

• Fist of Unicorn (1973)
    • Ninja in the Deadly Trap (AKA Ruthless Tactics; 1981)

TheKungFuRobber

Hi guys, I'm having trouble deciding what film to restore after I'm finished working on 'FATAL NEEDLES FATAL FISTS', I have two movies in mind I'd like to work on, so I'll let you guys vote on which I should do first.

• Fist of Unicorn (1973)
  • Ninja in the Deadly Trap (AKA Ruthless Tactics; 1981)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

My vote is absolutely for NINJA IN THE DEADLY TRAP, an enjoyable film with "Venom action" that has thus far only had shabby releases. I'd very much like to see an edition of this film that was treated lovingly by a fan.

IMO FIST OF UNICORN is only notable for it's connection to Bruce Lee, and is in fact a pitiful film with a forgettable lead (a virtual charisma vacuum in this case) and boring action scenes. I bought the special edition DVD strictly for it's historical significance, and after watching it felt the urge to smash it (I didn't, but only for ridiculous "collection completist" reasons :nerd:). In fact, I hereby declare it "a time waster of the highest order!" :xd: LOL

Thanks for even asking our opinions on this. :wink:

Would have to vote for Ninja in the Deadly Trap, too.

Also added a poll for you, might make it easier to count the votes.

TheKungFuRobber

Then it's settled. Ninja in the Deadly Trap is actually one of my favourites so I will look forward to working on it. :nerd: Thanks for your responses. x :D 

I've more or less decided to stop actively buying movies, but since this was one of the first non-Jackie/Bruce old school films I ever saw (#3, or #4 if you count "Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth"), I'd make an exception for it.

2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I've more or less decided to stop actively buying movies, but since this was one of the first non-Jackie/Bruce old school films I ever saw (#3, or #4 if you count "Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth"), I'd make an exception for it.

Stopped buying movies? have I read this right @DrNgor? or has someone dropped LSD in my cup of tea?.

TheKungFuRobber

To tell the truth, I really liked Fist of Unicorn. Great cast and some really good fight sequences, even if Unicorn Chan isn't the most skilled of martial artists. Sure there are some annoying parts such as the extended dialogue scenes and rape subplot, but other than that it's a solid film. The US version is a train wreck though, the  studio tried to edit outtakes with Bruce Lee on screen into the movie horribly, shady bastards.

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Stopped buying movies? have I read this right @DrNgor? or has someone dropped LSD in my cup of tea?.

Yeah, I'm selling off 90% of my collection, keeping only my very favorites. I've been having impulse-control issues with buying movies, so the best way to bring peace to my mind is to not worry about buying them at all. The Star, The Rogue and the Kung Fu Kid marks my last Youtube movie viewing as well.

TheKungFuRobber
9 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Own up.... who voted for Fist of Unicrap?

I'd like to know, wasn't me. That being said, Ninja in the Deadly Trap has many important lessons for us all; Nobody is trustworthy, "You can call me Japanese", all Japanese people are spies, and don't call a stranger your cousin. Actually a much better movie than Justice League, which was the most recent movie I watched at the cinema FYI. xD

TheKungFuRobber

Hey KFF (wanted to say KFC, miss the ol' days), I'm looking for artwork for Ninja in the Deadly Trap, all the stuff I can find looking around is garbage and I know some users on here are into Venom Mob and Shaw Brothers movies. I want to put together a decent DVD cover of some kind which follows a theme similar to that of the Dragon Dynasty releases of some of the old Shaw Brothers films.

Anyway, NINJA IN THE DEADLY TRAP is hands down one of the best old school swordsplay flicks you can get, with a great cast and great attention to detail in it's action scenes, shame that thus far it's only had shitty releases. If only some German distributer would put out a bluray one of these days.

16 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Yeah, I'm selling off 90% of my collection, keeping only my very favorites. I've been having impulse-control issues with buying movies, so the best way to bring peace to my mind is to not worry about buying them at all. The Star, The Rogue and the Kung Fu Kid marks my last Youtube movie viewing as well.

Fair does dude, I'll be sending a few movies to the local charity shops after the festive season. 

Hope you will continue to review Martial Arts movie.

1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Hey KFF (wanted to say KFC, miss the ol' days), I'm looking for artwork for Ninja in the Deadly Trap, all the stuff I can find looking around is garbage and I know some users on here are into Venom Mob and Shaw Brothers movies. I want to put together a decent DVD cover of some kind which follows a theme similar to that of the Dragon Dynasty releases of some of the old Shaw Brothers films.

No real luck at finding anything myself, this was the best thing I could find, and the image is a bit too small for a DVD cover.

7e9ea499aca11faa5b95c9865bab835d.jpg

Archived