A Special Lady (2017/Kim Hye-soo)

laagi

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Kim Hye-soo back in gangster territory!  I enjoyed her particularly cruel turn in 2014's 'Coin Locker Girl', and she rarely puts in a bad performance.

This one has been getting largely negative reviews from the coverage I've seen so far, but I admit the trailer still has me intrigued.

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Kim Hye-soo back in gangster territory!  I enjoyed her particularly cruel turn in 2014's 'Coin Locker Girl', and she rarely puts in a bad performance.

This one has been getting largely negative reviews from the coverage I've seen so far, but I admit the trailer still has me intrigued.

Her performance in Coin Locker Girl (a movie I enjoyed tremendously!) was outstanding. Nowadays my rule of thumb is to steer clear of any reviews. If I like the trailer, which in this particular case I do, I'll try to watch it first and be my own judge. Not to say that I enjoy a good write up afterwards ;) 

Having it watched myself I did rather enjoy it. Mainly because of the once again great Kim Hye-Soo. It's more of a Drama to be honest and the suffering of people intertwined by crime, family, power, friendship, love etc. It does have some good action and violence thrown into it as well. I would recommend it to not only fans of Kim Hye-Soo.

Archived