The Marine 6: Close Quarters (2018)

AlbertV

Production begins today in London on The Marine 6: Close Quarters, the latest installment of WWE's iconic action film series. Going a fourth round will be Mike "The Miz" Mizanin as former Marine Jake Carter. This time, he will be getting some help from WWE legend Shawn Michaels, who will play another former Marine, Luke Trapper, as they set out to rescue a girl kidnapped by a gang of dangerous international criminals. WWE superstar Becky Lynch will make her film debut on the film as well.

Green Street Hooligans: Underground, Eliminators, and The Marine 5: Battleground director James Nunn will return to the director's chair for the film from a script by Craig Walendziak.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would have thought that the Marine films, and the Scorpion King movies, would have gone on to spark so many sequels?.

Filming had wrapped and it looks like Martyn Ford is in it and Tim Man is the stunt coordinator from what this looks like

10 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Filming had wrapped and it looks like Martyn Ford is in it and Tim Man is the stunt coordinator from what this looks like

Have to say I've only seen the first two movies, and the last one set in a Parking Lot, which was dreadful, and not in a good way.

Might give this one a chance with Tim Man on board for action duties.

On 12/27/2017 at 8:01 AM, DragonClaws said:

Have to say I've only seen the first two movies, and the last one set in a Parking Lot, which was dreadful, and not in a good way.

Might give this one a chance with Tim Man on board for action duties.

I have all of them (well, not counting the 6th one obviously). I think out of all of them, the second one (with Ted DiBiase Jr.) is the weakest of the bunch. I did like the short fight in The Marine 3 pitting the Miz and the late Darren Shahlavi. The Miz's stunt double for that was none other than Kickboxer reboot star Alain Moussi.

If I read the IMDB credits right, it looks like Becky Lynch and Martyn Ford are playing either a brother-sister team or husband-wife team.

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

If I read the IMDB credits right, it looks like Becky Lynch and Martyn Ford are playing either a brother-sister team or husband-wife team.

That would be scary if they are playing brother and sister, one's really small, the other really tall.

Martyn Ford's, also got a role in the up-coming soon to be released Accident Man.

DragonClaws

The most important thing, this guy is behind the action.

I didn't know they made any films beyond Marine 2 never mind up to 6! But the fact Tim Man is on action duties and James Nunn is a great DTV action director, I might give this one a shot.

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

I didn't know they made any films beyond Marine 2 never mind up to 6! But the fact Tim Man is on action duties and James Nunn is a great DTV action director, I might give this one a shot.

Mike "The Miz" Mizanin took over the series from #3 up to the upcoming film as the character of Sgt. Jake Carter. It was #4 where they started adding more WWE superstars to join him in the cast, usually as villains yet Shawn Michaels will play Miz's ally in the new film.

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Mike "The Miz" Mizanin took over the series from #3 up to the upcoming film as the character of Sgt. Jake Carter. It was #4 where they started adding more WWE superstars to join him in the cast, usually as villains yet Shawn Michaels will play Miz's ally in the new film.

16 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Hell yes! I have to say I am looking forward to this...especially with Tim Man's choreography in the mix.

18 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Hell yes! I have to say I am looking forward to this...especially with Tim Man's choreography in the mix.

To be honest I'd lost interest in the series, but I'll catch it at somepoint, due to Tim Man's presence on action duties.

The digital, Blu-ray Disc and DVD releases of The Marine 6: Close Quarters include two behind-the-scenes featurettes.  In “Making Maddy & The Marines,” Mizanin and Michaels take on newcomer Lynch, highlighting their experiences on set and what it was like to work together. The second featurette, “The Breakdown: Epic Fights,” features the WWE wrestlers and  stunt choreographer Tim Man breaking down the fight scenes and revealing how they trained for their roles.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/sony-pictures-to-release-the-marine-6-on-disc-digital-nov-13/

I saw the film last night and I have to say, it is a very solid entry. Mike Mizanin continues his streak well and Shawn Michaels provides some of the film's comic relief, because when he gets into a dangerous situation, he can't help but reminisce about the days of war with Miz's Carter. Becky Lynch was a total badass (for a B-movie) as gang leader Maddy. Martyn Ford, who plays Maddy's brother Oscar, has two scraps with Carter. The film is more fight heavy with Tim Man utilizing more as the subtitle says "close quarter" combat but still good nonetheless, then comes the most shocking turn of events that come out of nowhere. If you don't want to know..avoid the following spoiler tag

Spoiler

Jake Carter (Mizanin) is shot down in a shootout in a tunnel and tells his former CO Trapper (Michaels) to get Sarah and makes the ultimate sacrifice. After four films, Jake Carter dies a fallen hero and this is before the final fight pitting Trapper and Maddy on a boat.

Always been a fan of James Nunn's recent films, including Eliminators and Green Street Hooligans: Underground with Scott Adkins and he did direct The Marine 5: Battleground.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/11/13/the-marine-6-close-quarters-2018/

The Marine 6: Close Quarters will come to the UK on January 22, 2019. Saw it on co-star Louisa Connolly-Burnham's Instagram

Archived