R.I.P. Mona Fong (7/27/1934 - 11/22/2017)

teako170

A lot of couples that are so intertwined like this do not last long when one of them passes. Normally within a couple of years or even months sometimes. RIP, Mona! 

• Like 3

Sad news indeed!

But perhaps not entirely a surprise. @reason108 makes a very valid point, something I too have suspected to be an issue for emotionally close couples who have spent a long time together. The two become as one; a broken heart from the loss of a dear companion can be a very dangerous thing for the surviving partner.

Rest In Peace, Miss Fong. You have contributed much to the film industry and were an integral part of an impressive legacy which viewers continue to enjoy to this day. 

• Like 3

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Mona Fong Yat-wah, Lady Shaw (January 1, 1934 – November 22, 2017) was a Hong Kong film and television producer and production manager. She was born in Shanghai to a singer, and her original name was Li Menglan. She achieved fame as one of the most popular nightclub singers and recording artists in Singapore and Hong Kong in the 1950s.[1] She often sang English covers of top hits of the time. She is the Deputy Chairman and General Manager of Shaw Brothers Studio and Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB). She was the second wife of media mogul Sir Run Run Shaw.

Image result for mona fong

GD Y-Y

Edited by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
  • Like 4

Hard to believe that she has gone, as well. I'm sure Sir Run Run's death played a big part in it. Though, I've no doubt she did her best to carry on as she knew how to.

R.I.P. Mona Fong.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

In Wong Jing's 2011 memoir, he had this to say about her: "Mona was foul-mouthed and anxious, especially due to the men that she had socialized with. This is common for smart women. She gave me the opportunity to become a director for a huge company. I will never forget that. She is a darkly mysterious figure in the eyes of many but, in my eyes, she is stoic and has unyielding diligence. She vigorously eradicated corruption. More women should be like her. Some slander her private life but she is extremely uncompromising and hard-working. She is Hong Kong's most influential woman. For example, she has progressed the careers of Alfred Cheung, Mabel Cheung, Alex Law, Andrew Lau and Gordon Chan among others."

• Like 3