We Die Young (2019) - Jean Claude Van Damme, Joana Metress, Gary Beadle, David Castaneda,

DragonClaws

Jean Claude Van Damme remains more active than ever, he's currently shooting a movie in Sofia called, We Die Young. Any details about the movie, are scarce at the moment.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's now a plot synopsis for this 2018 Van Damme project, directed by Loir Goer. Sounds a little different to a lot of the actors recent movie roles. This film is currently in post production.

Plot synpsis from IMDB - Lucas, a 14-year-old boy inducted into the gang life in Washington D.C., is determined that his 10-year-old brother won't follow the same path. When an Afghanistan war veteran comes into the neighborhood, an opportunity arises.

Joining the Belgium brawler, are actress Joana Metress, Gary Beadle annd Joseph Long. For a full cast and crew list, visist the movies IMDB page.

Link- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7903530/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

DragonClaws

WeDieYoung_POSTER.jpg

With actor Gary Beadle on the set of the movie.

I'm not sure who the man on the left is?.

DMzqg1kW4AEgrsf.jpg

DragonClaws

According to IMDB and The Action Elite, this movie has finished shooting and is now in pre-production.

According to JCVD Fans Forum the director did 7 years of research working with veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, local DC cops and even former gang members who granted exclusive access into the highly insulated world of what the FBI considers to be America’s most dangerous gang. - The Action Elite

With so much research going into this movie, it should be different to the useal DTV actioner's. Looking forward to seeing this one, when it eventually arrives on DVD/Blu-Ray in the U.K.

DragonClaws

According to Rodin Entertianments official site, Jean Claude has finnished work on We Die Young.

Jean%20Claude%20Van%20Johnson%20Main.jpg

DragonClaws

Bit lte with this post, it's out in the U.S today, European/Worldwide release dates to be anounced.

Looks like I'll be answering the above post myself :doh I just got done watching this!

JCVD continues his "serious" acting career. Very much like The Bouncer you'll most likely be disappointed with this movie if you're looking for a pure action vehicle. In fact the action doesn't start off until the last 15 minutes. There's one short chase scene before that. That's it!

Unfortunately the action isn't that well done either and a lot of the set pieces have a cheap look to them. Maybe do to limited budget? JCVD doesn't speak the entire movie. But he acts well I guess. Which can't be said for the rest of the cast, a lot of it is below average to be honest. Especially the child actors are pretty bad. Noteworthy in a positive way is David Castañeda as the gang leader Rincon.

Average at best this doesn't deliver what the trailer suggests. If you haven't watched it; I'd recommend The Bouncer instead.

Archived